Senior Research Manager, Consumer & Marketing Insights
- Career Site Team: Client Service & Sales
Reporting to the Vertical leader within Consumer Insights team and based in Singapore, the main responsibility of the Senior Research Manager, is to support the business development & sales function within Consumer Insights team, focusing on a diverse set of customized qualitative and quantitative research solutions including Brand Health, Usage and Attitude, Shopper, Segmentation, Product & Concept test and Customer Experience studies.
In addition, to supporting the vertical leader in business development & sales function, he/she is also expected to provide coaching and mentoring (where required), ensuring smooth execution of the projects, delivering high quality of insights to clients and within time and budget. He/she must be passionate about storytelling, curious to understand the latest market trends, is willing and able to take on full responsibility and hands on for delivering projects, achieving high client satisfaction.
The Senior Research Manager will be in charge of managing business development (20%) and delivery of quantitative customized research projects within the team (80%) and will take responsibility in the key following areas including but not limited to:
Business Development and Sales
- Performs business development with new clients including conducting credentials presentation to clients.
- Identify decision makers and pursue meetings for business discussions.
- Work independently to establish new client relationships to grow sales and profitability of research studies for clients.
- Develop and execute sales plans for clients.
- Develop and foster strategic high trust client relationship by providing solutions to enable client’s success through understanding of their business needs and demonstrating NielsenIQ value through high impact client delivery.
- Manage sales process, prepare cost estimates and design appropriate solutions to meet client needs, creating impactful and winning proposals.
- Accountable for financial KPI (both revenue and margin)
- Review and finalized draft questionnaire designs and reports prepared by juniors.
- Conduct advanced issue-based analyses, deliver proactive insights, and build effective analytical presentations and deliver the verbal presentation.
- Ensure all deliverables meet client needs and generating strong insights.
- Take initiative in seeking resources/assistance, make corrections while ensuring the project executed within the schedule timeline and budget.
- Participate in regular review/revisions of systems and procedures with the end goal of improving productivity and cost efficiency in the department.
- BA / BS Required, any related fields.
- At least 7years of market research experience (mix of business development and delivery). Experience in various portfolio and clientele.
- Experience in client servicing and have interacted with senior partners in a client organization.
- Has strong base of client relationships.
"Remote-hybrid based role, must be physically located within Singapore and candidate must be a Country/Region Resident”
NIQ is the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, delivering the most complete understanding of consumer buying behavior and revealing new pathways to growth. In 2023, NIQ combined with GfK, bringing together the two industry leaders with unparalleled global reach. With a holistic retail read and the most comprehensive consumer insights—delivered with advanced analytics through state-of-the-art platforms—NIQ delivers the Full View™.
NIQ, is an Advent International portfolio company with operations in 100+ markets, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit NIQ.com.
Want to keep up with our latest updates?
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/
NIQ or any of our subsidiaries will never ask you for money at any point of the recruitment or onboarding process.