Engineer,Cyber – Application Security (Python,OOPS)
- Career Site Team: Technology and Engineering
Engineer,Cyber – Application Security, Pune-India
NielsenIQ is maturing its Application Security programs and is recruiting a Application security Engineer who will be responsible for evaluating the tools, processes and procedures used to secure the DevOps pipeline. You will be supporting programs across all geographies and business units.
As the Application Security, Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining the tools and technologies that used to analyze and secure application code. You will oversee application security tools and technologies within a multi-national matrixed environment. The application security engineer will have the opportunity to replace the current Static and Dynamic Application Security Tool and advocate for the tech stack used for monitoring.
This position will involve working closely with cloud security team, business units, technical and non-technical stakeholders to drive the adoption and maturity of the NIQ’s Application security programs.
- Integrate security tools into the CI/CD process
- Partner with the application security team to implement security controls aligned to business operations
- Develop and maintain NIQ’s Bug Bounty Program
- Conduct threat modeling for applications
- Build and maintain a security champions program and security training for developers
- Tune and suppress alert rules based on NIQ’s environment and compensating controls
- Review IaaS / PaaS architecture roadmaps for the cloud to and recommend baseline security controls and hardening requirements
- Put another way, we build tools to help other engineers solve security problems at scale!
- 4+ years of experience writing object oriented code (Python preferred) in a professional environment
- Experience deploying containers using CI/CD pipeline tools like Github Actions or Jenkins, and Terraform or Helm
- Self-starter, technology and security hobbyist, enthusiast
- Lifelong learner with endless curiosity
Bonus Points if you:
- Have experience building serverless functions in Azure
- Have knowledge of Cloud Workload Protection
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with DevOps methodologies, processes, and technologies
- Experience using SAST and DAST tools
- Demonstrated engagement in security conferences, training, learning, associations is highly desired and fully supported
- Enjoy a flexible and rewarding work environment with peer-to-peer recognition platforms.
- Recharge and revitalize with help of wellness plans made for you and your family.
- Plan your future with financial wellness tools.
- Stay relevant and upskill yourself with career development opportunities.
NIQ is the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, delivering the most complete understanding of consumer buying behavior and revealing new pathways to growth. In 2023, NIQ combined with GfK, bringing together the two industry leaders with unparalleled global reach. With a holistic retail read and the most comprehensive consumer insights—delivered with advanced analytics through state-of-the-art platforms—NIQ delivers the Full View™.
NIQ, is an Advent International portfolio company with operations in 100+ markets, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit NIQ.com.
Want to keep up with our latest updates?
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/
NIQ or any of our subsidiaries will never ask you for money at any point of the recruitment or onboarding process.