Engineer, Cyber - Defender Endpoint Security (EDR) - Sentinel One
- Career Site Team: Technology and Engineering
Engineer, Cyber - Defender End Point Security, Chennai/Pune India
NielsenIQ is working toward a position of greater maturity within the Endpoint Security technology domain. This position will be responsible for maintaining current technologies while working toward implementing more sophisticated means of visibility and control of hosts. You will be supporting programs across all geographies and business units.
As an Endpoint Security Engineer, you will be responsible for ongoing maintenance and operations of current tools as well as ongoing modification so that the abilities of the tools are actualized. Additionally, there will be significant uplift to transition from the current platforms to an integrated platform. The ability to implement new solutions/platforms is critical. The primary focus will be on NielsenIQ-hosted solutions but will also incorporate various tools across a diverse array of cloud platforms with a strong focus on Azure solutions.
This position will involve working closely with Enterprise IT, infrastructure teams and the Governance Risk and Controls team to deploy and operate a variety of tools.
- Operate and maintain current EDR / antivirus platforms
- Provide configuration support and participate in troubleshooting activities to support application platforms as well as end users
- Work with Enterprise IT to drive best practices across global estate of endpoints (cloud, virtual, physical, application, etc.)
- Review and advise regarding best practices for endpoint hardening
- Support Security Operations Center and Incident Response functions to drive understanding and use of tools/environments
- Participate in POC activities and decision making for new product analysis and selection
- Write, create and update documentation for internal teams, technical users and end users
- Interface with vendors to drive product enhancements as well as issue resolution
- Create and present training materials for non-technical users
- Support organization-wide campaigns to drive security foundations into all technology
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field including Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Physics, Science or similar desired - experience in government, military or in other capacities with similar focus can be substituted
- Hands-on security and configuration experience with Windows, Linux and MacOS
- Experience using tools such as JAMF and Intune
- Ability to manage and support popular AV/EDR platforms such as McAfee EPO, Microsoft Defender, Crowdstrike
- Working knowledge of how to extract data and manipulate endpoints using Tanium
- Ability to directly support incident response teams and participate on an as-demanded basis
- Experience working with government or military organizations and sophisticated cybercrime experience including knowledge of sophisticated hacking techniques, malicious actors, IOCs, TTPs and the ability to translate intelligence into action is desirable
- Experience working with and securing modern enterprise technologies such as containers, virtualization, cloud, secrets management, orchestration, authentication, SSO, MFA, federation in multi-cloud environments, passwordless and zero trust architecture
- Demonstrated experience with change management in enterprise production environments
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python
- Ability to manipulate large datasets using tools such as Splunk, PowerBI, SQL
- Knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK and NIST CSF frameworks
- Ability to reverse engineer malware using a variety of tools is desirable, but not required
- Demonstrated engagement in security conferences, training, learning, associations is highly desired and fully supported
- Self-starter, technology and security hobbyist, enthusiast
- Lifelong learner with endless curiosity, likes to break things
- Enjoy a flexible and rewarding work environment with peer-to-peer recognition platforms.
- Recharge and revitalize with help of wellness plans made for you and your family.
- Plan your future with financial wellness tools.
- Stay relevant and upskill yourself with career development opportunities.
NIQ is the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, delivering the most complete understanding of consumer buying behavior and revealing new pathways to growth. In 2023, NIQ combined with GfK, bringing together the two industry leaders with unparalleled global reach. With a holistic retail read and the most comprehensive consumer insights—delivered with advanced analytics through state-of-the-art platforms—NIQ delivers the Full View™.
NIQ, is an Advent International portfolio company with operations in 100+ markets, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit NIQ.com.
Want to keep up with our latest updates?
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/
NIQ or any of our subsidiaries will never ask you for money at any point of the recruitment or onboarding process.