- Career Site Team: Technology and Engineering
Senior Engineer (Automation Testing)
Chennai - India
About the Job
You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications. We are looking for an experienced senior QA engineer to be part of our quality assurance team. You will be required to develop test strategies, draw up test documents, identify faults, and review QA reports; we’re looking for you to join us in our Chennai Technology Hub!
- Design & define the test activities
- Responsible for test planning & execution of test & automation cases
- Analyzing and writing test automation scripts
- Leveraging test automation frameworks to build efficient test suites
- Investigating problems in software as a result of testing
- Working with QA analysts and software developers to find solutions
- Execute all the test cases and report defects, define severity and priority for each defect
- Carry out regression testing every time changes are made to the code to fix defects
- Troubleshooting quality issues and modifying test procedures
- Experience with configuration management tools (GIT), configuration concepts, and continuous integration tools (Jenkins / Bamboo)
- A person who is passionate about coding, concepts of testing, quality aspects of the application, the ability to adapt to changing needs, and being autonomous. Have excellent analytical, design, problem-solving & communication skills. Has the ability to thrive in a team environment and work with multiple stakeholders to build top-notch applications.
- 7+ years of software testing and/or automation testing experience. A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Hands-on automation experience in frameworks and scripting preferably in Java/Python, with an ability to design and implement robust, scalable, and high-quality test suites
- Good knowledge of SQL concepts & shell scripting, automation testing frameworks like Selenium/Cucumber/Gauge
- Experience in leveraging and using tools like JIRA, Bit Bucket, Artifactory, Confluence, agile software development practices and DevOps etc
- Enjoy a flexible and rewarding work environment with peer-to-peer recognition platforms.
- Recharge and revitalize with help of wellness plans made for you and your family.
- Plan your future with financial wellness tools.
- Stay relevant and upskill yourself with career development opportunities.
NIQ, the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, reveals new pathways to growth for retailers and consumer goods manufacturers. With operations in more than 100 countries, NIQ delivers the most complete and clear understanding of consumer buying behavior through an advanced business intelligence platform with integrated predictive analytics. NIQ delivers the Full View.
NIQ was founded in 1923 and is an Advent International portfolio company. For more information, visit NIQ.com
Want to keep up with the latest updates on our business and #LifeAtNIQ? Follow us on: LinkedIn | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/
NIQ or any of our subsidiaries will never ask you for money at any point of the recruitment or onboarding process.