Senior Cybersecurity Analyst
- Career Site Team: Technology and Engineering
NielsenIQ is looking to mature our Cybersecurity Program. To support that effort, we are looking for an experienced Cyber Threat Security Operations Sr. Analyst who will be responsible for the operational aspects of the program across all geographies and business units. This Sr. Analyst will be responsible for developing and enhancing our current Global Cyber Threat Security Operations. This key role requires experience in security monitoring, investigations, attack simulation and the ability to resolve threats within the environment. In addition will assist with the Incident Response team in resolving security incidents. The candidate is expected to provide recommendations in tuning optimization of security systems, Cyber Threat Security Operations processes, procedures, and policies. The Sr. Analyst will have overall accountability for investigating and resolving cyber threat detections.
This position interacts with a wide range of stakeholders both within Cybersecurity, Technology and with cross-functional teams, including legal, HR, and product teams. This role has a high impact across the enterprise, and the selected candidate will engage with security, technology, and certain business units to affect change.
- Collaborate with the team to mature the people, process, and technologies present in a 24x7 global cyber threat security operations center.
- Collaborate with stakeholders such as cyber engineers to support larger security initiatives, assessments, and resilience testing.
- Develop a Global Cyber Threat Security Operations framework ensuring continuous maturity.
- Develop custom Cyber threat detection signatures.
- Develop phishing attack simulations to be administered globally.
- Assist Vulnerability Threat Management with identifying and mitigating vulnerable assets
- Utilize intel reports to hunt for vulnerable assets within the environment.
- Define and maintain dashboards and metrics that support Incident Response Program and Cyber Threat Security Operations maturity efforts.
- Foresees and anticipates issues and delays that may occur during the program or programs and puts contingency plans in place as appropriate.
- Continually seek opportunities and recommend improvements to project delivery practices and processes for both Cyber Threat Security Operations and Incident Response program.
- To develop operational procedures which then ensure that all cyber-attacks are minimized, mitigated against, hidden or dynamic.
- To ensure that cyber-attack surfaces should be relatively small-in-size, covertly stored, so that they are stealth in moving towards threat targets and difficult for Cyber Threats to detect and penetrate.
- All cyber-attacks are aggressively detected, mitigated, and countered using countermeasures like Moving-Target Defenses (MTD).
- Strong leadership, technical and high emotional intelligence demonstrated engagement in security conferences, training, learning, associations is highly desired and fully supported
- Self-starter, technology and security hobbyist, enthusiast
- Desire to create change and move the needle along with the ability to execute with discipline
- Relentless focus on security, fearless to challenge the status quo (diplomatically)
- Able to operate in a fast-paced environment with significant ambiguity
- 1-3 years relevant experience preferably in a highly technical or SOC role
- Good understanding of cybersecurity incident response, network security, and endpoint monitoring
- Good understanding of Cybersecurity prevention, detection, and response capabilities such as, but not limited to: AV, EDR, SIEM, digital forensics suites, IPS, and WAF
- Experience in delivering technical solutions from concept, selection, installation, testing and implementation
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as interpersonal skills to interact with customers, team members, and upper management
- Experience implementing operational plans
- Experience in Attack Simulations involving phishing
- Experience with Information Security principles, practices, technologies, programs and procedures, accompanied by an understanding of risk management methodologies
- Flexible working environment
- Health insurance
- Parental leave
- Life assurance
NIQ, the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, reveals new pathways to growth for retailers and consumer goods manufacturers. With operations in more than 100 countries, NIQ delivers the most complete and clear understanding of consumer buying behavior through an advanced business intelligence platform with integrated predictive analytics. NIQ delivers the Full View.
NIQ was founded in 1923 and is an Advent International portfolio company. For more information, visit NIQ.com
Want to keep up with the latest updates on our business and #LifeAtNIQ? Follow us on: LinkedIn | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/
NIQ or any of our subsidiaries will never ask you for money at any point of the recruitment or onboarding process.