Engineer (Data Engineer)
- Career Site Team: Technology and Engineering
Engineer, Chennai, TN
NielsenIQ is a global strategy and analytics company that provides tailored, data-driven solutions that drive sales, boost profitability. Leveraging our deep analytics expertise, NielsenIQ helps organizations improve their competitive position across all facets of planning and operations from assortment optimization, price optimization, promotional optimization, targeted marketing, and supplier collaboration.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be a part of a highly Agile and skilled team of other engineers who are proud to partner with some of the world’s leading retailers on challenging, cutting-edge, data driven solutions, powered by technology, and people. This is a highly technical role that will allow you to be involved in the backend development using Java, Python, and/or Spark technologies.
- Develop solutions for industry leading analytics.
- Work as part of a team to develop and deploy systems with multiple customizations.
- Develop with system integration in mind, mainly in context of data flow into and from BI Reporting Tool.
- Consistently develop with performance in mind to optimize end user experience.
- Work with architects and senior team members to identify new tools and technologies where applicable to expand customer offerings.
- Participate in peer code reviews and troubleshoot and correct software defects.
- 3-5 years of experience in developing software solutions.
- Skilled in Java, Python and/or Spark/Scala
- Have Experience in Database - SQL, Postgres, Snowflake.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Electrical
engineering or other related disciplines.
- Enjoy a flexible and rewarding work environment with peer-to-peer recognition platforms.
- Recharge and revitalize with help of wellness plans made for you and your family.
- Plan your future with financial wellness tools.
- Stay relevant and upskill yourself with career development opportunities.
NIQ, the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, reveals new pathways to growth for retailers and consumer goods manufacturers. With operations in more than 100 countries, NIQ delivers the most complete and clear understanding of consumer buying behavior through an advanced business intelligence platform with integrated predictive analytics. NIQ delivers the Full View.
NIQ was founded in 1923 and is an Advent International portfolio company. For more information, visit NIQ.com
Want to keep up with the latest updates on our business and #LifeAtNIQ? Follow us on: LinkedIn | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/
NIQ or any of our subsidiaries will never ask you for money at any point of the recruitment or onboarding process.