Associate Director, Consumer Insights (FMCG)
- Career Site Team: Client Service & Sales
At NIQ, our obsession in helping our clients to grow through a comprehensive understanding of consumer behavior is what motivates us. Leveraging on the ongoing innovation in technology, our work includes, but not limited to, helping our clients set growth strategies, determining what products or services ultimately get into the markets and driving their marketing and trade execution.
The Associate Director will lead a dynamic team of junior and mid-level researchers (comprising managers and executives) to manage and execute market research studies for our local and global clients.
He/she should be recognized as having an expertise in quantitative market research. Well-versed and hands-on experience across all research solutions and statistical modelling techniques including (but not limiting to) brand equity/ health studies, shopper or U&A studies, segmentation, concept/product tests, customer experience and satisfaction studies.
As an Associate Director for Consumer Insights, your responsibilities and key expectations will include:
- Be accountable for the team's financial KPIs (both revenue and margin); continuously monitor actual versus budgeted performance and make interventions if needed.
- Be an active business developer in generating opportunities with both new and existing clients
- Fluency in financial processes and in compliance with Nielsen IQ financial strategy and KPIs.
- Be current with the latest developments in market research and constantly suggest refinements to current processes and approaches.
- Provide ideas and thoughtful insights into new ideas and initiatives for clients, showing competency, mastery and consultative skill.
- Lead and promote strategic conversations and meetings with clients, which result in business opportunities
- Further foster strategic clients’ relationship with the aim to provide impactful solutions to clients’ business issues.
- Drive overall client satisfaction to achieve high Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- Familiar with the end-to-end process of the market research process.
- Translate data to insights, create compelling stories and powerful synthesis of findings to drive high impact business decisions through insightful and actionable recommendations.
- Actively drive issue-based analyses, build effective analytical presentations and consultative storytelling to clients and present to the clients including C-suite management in a straight-forward way.
- Inspiring the team and building good team culture with active engagement in driving team spirit.
- Actively seek opportunities to create team diversity in background, opinion, and mindset.
- Establish an open culture in which team members are challenged but treated with respect and rewarded as appropriate.
- Good team resource management leading to on-time delivery & meeting quality expectations.
- Assess, manage and develop talents including setting performance objectives and provide on-going feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Social Sciences or related fields
- Minimum 8 years of market research experience in the industry.
- Experience managing people/team (minimum 3 years).
- Experience in managing a high volume of complex quantitative research studies under tight budgets and schedules.
- Experience analyzing a broad array of data types (e.g., qualitative research, secondary research, social intelligence) with a focus on quantitative research data.
- Proven track record to positively impact client outcomes and ability to influence clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presenting to C-Suite clients.
- Intellectually curious, critical thinkers and impact driven.
- Can-do attitude, with a reputation for providing clarity and creating positive energy.
- Highly collaborative, open to novel ideas and can build strong relationships with external clients and internal business partners.
NIQ, the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, reveals new pathways to growth for retailers and consumer goods manufacturers. With operations in more than 100 countries, NIQ delivers the most complete and clear understanding of consumer buying behavior through an advanced business intelligence platform with integrated predictive analytics. NIQ delivers the Full View.
NIQ was founded in 1923 and is an Advent International portfolio company. For more information, visit NIQ.com
Want to keep up with the latest updates on our business and #LifeAtNIQ? Follow us on: LinkedIn | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/
NIQ or any of our subsidiaries will never ask you for money at any point of the recruitment or onboarding process.