Research Analyst (BASES)
- Career Site Team: Analytics
Innovation matters. With best best-in-class research and predictive analytical tools, NielsenIQ BASES, the worldwide leader in analyzing and consulting on new products, remains at the core of our clients' new product ideas, product messaging that inspires action, fresh packaging designs, and optimal product launch strategies. At NielsenIQ, you will work with industry-leading marketers and see your work come to life. Have you ever wanted to modernize the brand and bottle design for an iconic beer company? How about discovering the next big energy drink? At NielsenIQ, you can. Be curious. Be collaborative. Be forward-thinking. Join the Innovation team and work with our clients as a consultant, a problem solver, and the voice of NielsenIQ BASES at our clients.
What is the job purpose?
- Execute marketing research studies by compiling, analyzing, and interpreting marketing research data, writing client reports, and constructing presentations
- Generate polished diagnostic analyses/reports, summarizing BASES conclusions and recommendations in a concise, client-friendly manner
- Support the Client Development team in driving revenue by delivering excellent project work that results in repeat business
- Execute against projects across a variety of clients, meeting agreed-upon milestones
- Be accountable for high-quality client deliverables in partnership with your Client Consulting team
- Analyze study results to draft reports, and presentations
- Summarize data for the production of tables, charts, and graphs
- Develop a strong understanding of successful innovation within the first 6 months of the job (NielsenIQ BASES Factors for Success…) and apply this understanding to client deliverables
- Handle project-related client correspondence as needed
- Participate in client discussions/presentations and work through implications, and recommendations based on the data
- Partner with forecast analysts to provide cohesive stories
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of what drives in-market sales and forecasting theory
- Support Client Development teams on value-add and meta-analysis
- Support special projects and thought leadership initiatives
- Support the development of client training related to consumer demand principles
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree holder in Marketing, Economics, or relevant disciplines
- 1-2 years of working experience in marketing research or related field. Fresh Graduates are welcome to apply.
- Strong analytical thinking
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage projects and deadlines independently
- Attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to clearly pull together a story that will resonate with the client
- Ability to understand market research results and use these results along with in-market data to pull together a story
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to execute against projects for a variety of innovative products, and develop a basic working knowledge of consumer and marketing drivers of sales volume
- Ability and willingness to work with and provide coaching to less experienced team members
- Familiar with quantitative research methodologies
NIQ, the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, reveals new pathways to growth for retailers and consumer goods manufacturers. With operations in more than 100 countries, NIQ delivers the most complete and clear understanding of consumer buying behavior through an advanced business intelligence platform with integrated predictive analytics. NIQ delivers the Full View.
NIQ was founded in 1923 and is an Advent International portfolio company. For more information, visit NIQ.com
Want to keep up with the latest updates on our business and #LifeAtNIQ? Follow us on: LinkedIn | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/
NIQ or any of our subsidiaries will never ask you for money at any point of the recruitment or onboarding process.