Business Development Manager
- Career Site Team: Brandbank
About NielsenIQ Brandbank
With over 20 years’ experience and operating in 16 countries, NielsenIQ Brandbank provides retailers and brands with robust B2B2C and rich content to support shoppers’ omnichannel experience and is uniquely positioned to redefine what best in class digital product content is and deliver it at scale. We are embedded within the global NielsenIQ brand, leveraging over 100 years of consumer intelligence and continuing to strive for perfection in the ever changing and demanding world of global eCommerce.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio of both existing and prospective CPG Manufacturer clients. You will act as the main point of contact for these clients for NielsenIQ Brandbank.
You will be responsible for achieving Quarterly targets; primarily these will be revenue based, but you will also be accountable for consistently improving retailer coverage metrics and customer satisfaction across your supplier base.
As the Business Development Manager your responsibilities include:
- Delivering core revenue targets, based on retaining subscription revenue and generating new business, both within existing accounts and also across new clients and verticals
- Accurately forecasting revenue to the US Supplier Lead, and ensuring there is a consistently strong pipeline to deliver core targets. This is generally on a monthly basis, but you may be asked to provide additional forecasts at your Manager’s discretion
- Converting retailer “chase ranges” of new products, both as part of ongoing coverage drives and to support specific retailer projects or launches. This will be achieved by contacting your supplier base to secure orders and ensuring that products are delivered to NielsenIQ Brandbank for processing
- Developing a full understanding of the NielsenIQ Brandbank value proposition (both related to core service and additional software products), in order to sell the solution to your supplier base, and to support with handling any objections that may be raised
- Building a rapport with your supplier base, frequently contacting them to understand their service requirements and identify potential areas where NielsenIQ Brandbank can further support their business objectives. This will support both revenue growth and customer satisfaction
- Using the above knowledge to create Account Development Plans, with Objectives, Goals, Strategies & Measures detailed for all relevant accounts
- Managing and negotiating annual renewals across your supplier base, with the aim of growing revenue across your portfolio in line with NielsenIQ Brandbank business objectives
- Either directly selling, or supporting the sale, of our additional products & services beyond the core subscription service – this includes licensed software products and professional services solutions.
- Scheduling product deliveries around our workflow capacity, dealing with operational queries and generally supporting our operations team to ensure we deliver a good level of service in all instances
You may be asked to undertake additional duties to those above, either on a temporary or permanent basis, which the Company reasonably believes you are capable of carrying out, or for which you will be trained.
Relevant professional, ethical and health and safety standards apply to this role.
This role will be eligible for The NielsenIQ Brandbank Quarterly Sales Incentive Plan commission scheme. Entitlement to SIP will be based on performance against revenue targets and any other relevant KPIs.
- 3+ years of Sales or Business Development experience
- Proven track record of managing revenue targets, with a strong desire to consistently overachieve against both personal targets and objectives
- Demonstrable Sales experience, with a proven track record of delivering strong results against both revenue targets and KPI measures in previous roles
- Good level of experience in strategic sales planning and implementation, including experience of pipeline management
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a diverse team, in a fast paced environment
- Highly organized, driven, with good time management skills and a logical approach,
- Able to prioritize workload, and excellent attention to detail.
- General interest in the CPG industry and eCommerce
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong presentation skills and the ability to network effectively.
- Professionally presented, articulate and a confident communicator at all levels
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NIQ, the world’s leading consumer intelligence company, reveals new pathways to growth for retailers and consumer goods manufacturers. With operations in more than 100 countries, NIQ delivers the most complete and clear understanding of consumer buying behavior through an advanced business intelligence platform with integrated predictive analytics. NIQ delivers the Full View.
NIQ was founded in 1923 and is an Advent International portfolio company. For more information, visit NIQ.com
Want to keep up with the latest updates on our business and #LifeAtNIQ? Follow us on: LinkedIn | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/
NIQ or any of our subsidiaries will never ask you for money at any point of the recruitment or onboarding process.