Junior Software Developer C#
- Career Site Team: Brandbank
Nielsen Brandbank operates in 39 global markets; powering the FMCG ecommerce industry with best-in-class, accurate data. Working with over 52,000 brands, we capture over 300 attributes per product that can be syndicated across third party applications. With over 50 million products distributed globally, content licensing allows you to access rich nutritional information that can enrich a consumer’s product knowledge.
As the grocery industry continues to evolve at a rapid rate, accurate product information has become increasingly important to provide a relevant and engaging online shopping experience.
Nielsen Brandbank’s syndication service is designed to bring together the industry by providing current, accurate and comprehensive digital product content to third parties representing products through ecommerce, nutritional applications or analytical/research purposes.
Content syndication customers can receive digital content via a selection of flexible integration options, ensuring constant access to Nielsen Brandbank’s database of structured, reliable, rich and complete product data and images.
● Contribute to the development of bespoke line of business software solutions within a complex enterprise and global environment
● Works on a variety of projects with the business
● Works closely with other team members to deliver high quality software to defined timescales
● Contribute to the development of bespoke software applications
● Work closely with and under the direction of Technical Leads, Business Analysts, Solution Architects and the Scrum Master on the definition and planning of software projects.
● Work with the Test Team to ensure software quality.
● Work within coding standards, quality and timescales as directed by the solution architects and technical leads
● Take ownership of the quality of code you produce
● Be involved in peer code reviews and take steps to rectify issues and improve code quality
● Provide 2nd/3rd line support as and when required.
● Consult with internal customers as required
E - Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent professional qualification or experience
E - Some hands on technical skills across some or all of the Microsoft Stack and other key technologies:
● .NET (C# preferable)
● ASP, WCF
● SQL Server
● Unit Testing (NUnit, MSTest, Moq)
● Cloud platforms (ideally Azure)
E - Excited by technology, with up to date understanding of latest technologies
E - Very good verbal and written English communication skills
E - Desire to learn new technologies
E - Exposure to full systems development lifecycle
E - Some understanding of software architecture, issues and design
E - Some understanding of data and databases
E - Some history of working as part of a team to deliver software solutions to meet customer needs
E - Thorough and detailed approach with an understanding of delivering appropriate user/business solutions
E - Some experience of code reviews and coding standards
P - Exposure to working on agile methodologies and using agile tools
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company providing the most complete and trusted view of consumers and markets in 90 countries covering 90% of the world’s population. Focusing on consumer-packaged goods manufacturers and FMCG and retailers, we enable customers to defy what’s possible. How? We combine unparalleled datasets, pioneering technology, and the industry’s top talent to create insights that unlock innovation. Join us and change the landscape.
Learn more at: www.niq.com
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NielsenIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/