Lead QA Engineer
- Career Site Team: Technology and Engineering
Principle QA Engineer – Chennai
About the job
NielsenIQ BASES is the global leader and gold-standard for helping companies in the consumer goods industries to realize their growth strategies. BASES analytical SaaS products provide support to clients to create and evolve new innovations, optimize impactful advertising and messaging aligned with the widening range of consumer influences, build compelling package designs and help prioritize and plan product launches. Having decades of successful leadership across fast moving consumer goods, BASES is expanding into growth verticals including Restaurants, Tech, Household Durables, Consumer Electronics, and Gaming.
With best-in-class research, success prediction and volumetric forecasting models, NielsenIQ BASES is at the core of our clients' new product ideas, messaging, packaging and product launch strategies. This role will require the individual to lead the quality effort as we continue to add, enhance and scale the BASES analytical platform. In BASES, you can. Be curious. Be collaborative. Be forward thinking.
- Responsible for the Product Quality of Initiatives and Major Releases.
- Understand requirements and scope
- Identify inconsistencies and gaps in requirements and communicate with Product Owner
- Lead a team as a Quality Assurance Engineer that will execute projects from beginning to end, including working with product management, gathering requirements, brainstorming solutions, testing final applications
- Delegate tasks to team members matching their individual experience to the task to promote engagement, learning and probability of success.
- Define Test Plan, Test execution strategy and Release plan
- Identify risks and prepare action plan to mitigate risks
- Address and monitor acceptable test coverage for features and services
- Maintain knowledge of the architecture of the platform and product features
- Maintain complete functional knowledge of the product
- Create and execute manual functional test cases
- Identify test cases for automation & discuss most efficient type of automation for identified cases
- Design, Create and Execute automated functional test cases
- Design, Create and Execute automated non-functional test cases (performance, Resiliency, Guardrails, Backwards compatibility)
- Log defects and co-ordinate with developers to resolve them
- Setup and maintain test data
- Provide end-user perspective for feature under test
- Work closely with other teams for cross functional requirements and collaboration
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Address areas of improvements in the automation framework and workflows
- Identify and implement QA processes in support of providing quality products.
- Educate new hires and team members on application, tools, technologies, processes
- Follow community best practices and team SDLC guidelines
- Provide practical project management and technical guidance to your product manager partner to increase the odds of overall project success.
- Escalate technical issues impacting activities outside of your team.
- Work with your Dev lead partner to ensure the overall quality of project deliverables.
- Mentor more junior team members
- Responsible for the non-functional and procedural aspects of a team
- Maintain project metrics and take corrective actions
- Manage team(s) of 1 or more QA team members
- 2 years of technical leadership experience with 5+ years of QA automation experience
- MS/BS in Software Engineering or related discipline
- Strong understanding of Software Quality Assurance (SQA) concepts and practices to continually assess the risks and quality of products and releases.
- 2+ years of experience with web-application testing
- Experience with testing types such as Regression Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, Usability Testing
- Experience with cross browser testing
- Experience with Object-Oriented design and development
- Hands on experience in test automation tools like Selenium or Protractor
- Experience with Test Management tool and Bug tracking tool
- Ability to create Requirement based Use Cases / test cases and can leverage tools to execute those test cases to prove functionality meets business requirements
- Drive defect resolution based on business requirements
- Troubleshoot product errors/problems and assist developers with reproducing defects
- Plan, document, evaluate and track testing results to ensure system applications are free from defects
- Experience with planning, developing and execution of automated test cases
- Experience developing modular, robust and maintainable automation scripts
- Expert in translating expected behavior into a comprehensive test suite
- Works with the Development team to modify applications to accommodate automation wherever possible.
- Strong Test validation and test debugging skills
- Strong project management and facilitation skills
- Functional understanding of web technologies (HTML, CSS,)
- Knowledge of version control systems preferably Git
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Experience working in an onshore-offshore model
- Experience working in an Agile-Scrum environment
- Experience with managing team of 1 or more team members
- Implements metrics for product & project quality measurement
- Self-motivated, independently identifies opportunities to learn and contribute; Will lead without being lead
- Ability to comprehend complexity, to fully understand a product with all its business and technological implications, and to approach the improvement of its quality from that perspective.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company providing the most complete and trusted view of consumers and markets in 90 countries covering 90% of the world’s population. Focusing on consumer-packaged goods manufacturers and FMCG and retailers, we enable customers to defy what’s possible. How? We combine unparalleled datasets, pioneering technology, and the industry’s top talent to create insights that unlock innovation. Join us and change the landscape.
Learn more at: www.niq.com
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NielsenIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/