Senior Data Scientist
- Career Site Team: Data Science
Location: Markham, ON
Work Schedule: Hybrid
Ref ID: REF15604S
Our NielsenIQ teams empower our clients to make bold decisions and transform their businesses with trusted data, solutions, and insights designed to drive innovation and growth. The NielsenIQ North America Data Science team is passionate about solving complex client challenges and providing data-driven, actionable, timely, and innovative solutions. This Sr. Data Scientist position was created to support our Canada Data Science initiatives. This position requires someone who is passionate about learning, multi-sourced data, data quality, statistical measurement, automation, efficiency, and consumer behavior.
- Lead detailed analysis.
- Simultaneously balance multiple projects.
- Represent Data Science in interactions with other functions.
- Support end-to-end implementation of solutions.
- Ability to evaluate current methodologies quickly.
- Document and present findings and recommendations.
- Detect, troubleshoot, and resolve system anomalies.
- Provide explanations to teams in a format that meets their level of understanding.
- Continually develop skill set.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with a quantitative discipline.
- 3-6 Years of professional experience in a quantitative field.
- Curiosity to learn and continually upgrade skills.
- Disposition to understand processes and methodologies.
- Quantitative aptitude with proven data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Python or R, and SQL.
- Experience with working on large amounts of data.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Flexible working environment
- Health insurance
- Parental leave
- Life assurance
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company providing the most complete and trusted view of consumers and markets in 90 countries covering 90% of the world’s population. Focusing on consumer-packaged goods manufacturers and FMCG and retailers, we enable customers to defy what’s possible. How? We combine unparalleled datasets, pioneering technology, and the industry’s top talent to create insights that unlock innovation. Join us and change the landscape.
Learn more at: www.niq.com
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NielsenIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/