- Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
- Career Site Team: Technology and Engineering
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll have the chance to roll up your sleeves and apply engineering methods and work closely with Software Engineers enabling them to develop, configure, deploy and operate different systems. You will also have the opportunity to build and lead teams as we scale our team. You’ve built a decent track record in CI/CD and cloud technologies, and you have the communication chops to translate it all into conversations. While you’ve worked with global cross-functional teams, you can also put your head down and focus on independent projects. Seeing the big picture takes attention to detail. Keeping up with the fast-changing world of technology takes someone who recognizes that. You know what’s happening and you’re ready to influence what’s next.
- Troubleshoot backend and frontend applications running on Linux and Windows.
- Backend support for a wide range of CICD applications including Jenkins, Bamboo, Bitbucket, SVN, Artifactory and Sonarqube, including setup, troubleshooting, upgrading and tunning.
- Write automation scripts using Bash, Python, Groovy and Java.
- Write SQL queries for a variety of databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL and SQL Server.
- Use Opensearch for log analysis and application tunning.
- Manage and troubleshoot SVN, Bitbucket and Artifactory projects, repos, authorization and access.
- Design, implement and troubleshoot CICD pipelines in Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Monitor applications, resolve issues and proactively address warnings.
- Document new procedures and constantly update and improve existing documentation.
- Provide technical guidance and educate junior team members.
- Define and follow best practices and procedures as established by the team and the organization.
- 2 - 3+ years of experience as an DevOps Engineer
- Backend and frontend administration of CICD tools like Jenkins, Bitbucket and Artifactory.
- Designing CICD scripted and declarative pipelines.
- Setting up and managing distributed and three-tier applications.
- Automation and scripting in Bash and Python, Groovy and Java.
- Source code management and applying best practices, Git workflows.
- Database administration and writing SQL queries.
- Linux and Windows administration.
- Implementing authentication and authorization, SAML, federated authentication.
- A variety of technology areas including networking, storage, security and cloud.
- Have clear understanding of the software development process & strong computer networking concepts.
- Be able to perform in a mixed environment that includes on-premises, Azure cloud and private cloud.
- Have a client focused approach, our clients are software developers of all experience levels.
- Be able to communicate clearly with clients and management in a respectful manner.
- Master of prioritizing and managing time efficiently and independently.
- Plus experience in Cloud computing services.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company providing the most complete and trusted view of consumers and markets in 90 countries covering 90% of the world’s population. Focusing on consumer-packaged goods manufacturers and FMCG and retailers, we enable customers to defy what’s possible. How? We combine unparalleled datasets, pioneering technology, and the industry’s top talent to create insights that unlock innovation. Join us and change the landscape.
Learn more at: www.niq.com
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NielsenIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/