- Ciudad de México, CDMX, México
- A jornada completa
- Career Site Team: Client Service & Sales
Descripción del empleo
About this job:
Follow the bidding process, ensure cost levels are maintained at agreed levels, monitor supplier costs & capacity to establish a seamless quotation service is provided to the Sales team and contribute to revenue allocation in the markets. Working alongside the supporting areas (Finance, Procurement and Sourcing) to guarantee vendors contracts and payment processes are respected.
- Review and recommend appropriate field suppliers, project scope and methodology based on study specifications, client requirements and agency availability to determine the best time and cost-effective method to schedule studies on the pipeline.
- Monitor vendor performance regarding cost, time, and quality, proactively seeks to challenge them for efficiencies to find saving and productivity opportunities during the Operative process ensuring quality and competitive time and cost.
- Track and analyze costs and timing and provide the best option to the sales team.
- Develop new vendors to guarantee capacity, ensuring the negotiation and contracted needs are met.
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure margins through cost management and that revenue will be recognized according to the timeline needed by supporting field start.
- Provide advice on country specific subjects (including external e-panel providers) to Client Service and Product Team.
- Follow the bidding process, guaranteeing quotation SLA (SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT) as well as support the global and regional metrics and goals for workload balance are being met.
- Bachelor or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 3 - 4 years experience Market Research, Client Consulting and Commercial understanding
- Postgraduate/MBA is a differential
- Fluent English
- Google and Office Applications (macros and dynamic tables development)
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive compensation package
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Hybrid work model
- Career development tailored to NielsenIQ roles
- Access to on-demand learning content and NIQ social communities
... and more!
- Flexible working environment
- Health insurance
- Parental leave
- Life assurance
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company providing the most complete and trusted view of consumers and markets in 90 countries covering 90% of the world’s population. Focusing on consumer-packaged goods manufacturers and FMCG and retailers, we enable customers to defy what’s possible. How? We combine unparalleled datasets, pioneering technology, and the industry’s top talent to create insights that unlock innovation. Join us and change the landscape.
Learn more at: www.niq.com
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NielsenIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/