- Chicago, IL, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Career Site Team: Technology and Engineering
At NielsenIQ, we process over 250 terabytes of data every single day, manage it in the latest cloud technology, and build best-in-class platforms and analytical tools to add transparency and efficiency to the consumer goods market at a scale that no other company can achieve.
We’re looking for a passionate, analytical, innovative leader who wants to figure out how to measure things in a complex world. The role requires a leader who is customer oriented, with strong commercial acumen and who acts as a true partner to the business to achieve success. If you have a passion for building top-notch, scalable products and extensive experience in scalable platforms, we’re looking for you!
- Hands on leadership and end to end responsibility of our Backend Platform and Frontend applications working with other leaders across Product and Technology
- Manage a large budget across multiple teams and markets
- Work proactively to ensure our applications are resilient and secure working with our cybersecurity team
- Lead full cycle development of strategic initiatives and provide overall technical guidance to all teams
- Work closely with the platform product leader, creating a linkage between technology development and commercial outcomes
- Develop and inspire a world class team fostering the highest quality talent while scaling to meet business challenges
- Cultivate strong culture and engagement, ensuring associates are committed and excited about their work
- Identify and develop NielsenIQ’s future leaders and senior technologists acting as a talent multiplier
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 15+ years of experience in developing scalable and cloud native platforms with deep experience in leading delivery teams in agile software development practices and DevOps
- Advanced knowledge of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance, scalability, security, and availability
- Excellent experience in designing and building multithreaded distributed systems
- Thrives in a fast paced, high-pressure environment and enjoys being challenged
- Strong interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills with the ability to interact with senior executives
- Strong capability to attract, invest, and grow talent in their teams
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Flexible working environment
- Health insurance
- Parental leave
- Life assurance
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company providing the most complete and trusted view of consumers and markets in 90 countries covering 90% of the world’s population. Focusing on consumer-packaged goods manufacturers and FMCG and retailers, we enable customers to defy what’s possible. How? We combine unparalleled datasets, pioneering technology, and the industry’s top talent to create insights that unlock innovation. Join us and change the landscape.
Learn more at: www.niq.com
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NielsenIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/