Senior Full stack Java Engineer - Lisbon
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Employees can work remotely
- Career Site Team: Technology and Engineering
The NielsenIQ BASES' mission is to help companies successfully innovate in a competitive market context. We use market data, predictive models, and market research services to provide our client organizations with valuable advice on how to innovate. In order to provide an insightful service, we use a vast range of technology and software that are mostly developed internally, together with some of our partners. This is a key asset for our business. In order to keep innovating in the technology area, we are now establishing three Global Technology Centres: US, India, and Portugal. The new European Technology Centre in Portugal has a mission to be part of the global team that develops our core technology solutions, but it is also in a great location to support our NielsenIQ European business.
The new team in Portugal will grow to have all the necessary sub-teams to fully work on product development, which includes: three different software engineering teams, one quality assurance automation team, and 1 DevOps team. This is where we need your help. We are looking for talented individuals who would like to help us build and be part of this engineering team in Portugal.
- Develop new single-page web applications and develop key system features.
- Explore and evaluate new technologies to advance our SaaS platform and grow our business
- Serve as a developer on teams that will execute projects from beginning to end, including working with product management, gathering requirements, brainstorming solutions, building final applications and testing.
- Work closely with architects, and other teams to design and implementation cross functional requirements
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Follow community best practices and team SDLC guidelines
- Develop for scale and robustness leveraging the cloud and microservices
- Analyze existing services and modules for potential risks and mitigations
- Participate in Agile grooming and propose designs that solve business problems
- Support business operations by helping resolve production issues as required
- Mentor more junior engineers
- Architectural analysis
- Inter-team communication
- Team leadership
- Mentoring team members
- Scheduling and cost projections
- Business domain knowledge
- Business domain analysis
- Technical design
- In-team influencing ability
- Cultivates initiative in teammates
Minimum of 2 years of software development / engineering experience
- Spring Boot
- Database / SQL (e.g. SQL Server)
- Angular (or frontend experience on modern UI frameworks)
- MongoDB (or other OO databases)
- Agile Methodologies (i.e. Scrum)
We will also value:
- Grails framework
- REST API
- Experience working on cloud & DevOps environments (e.g. Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience implementing micro-services or services oriented architectures
Please take a look at the link to understand more about the brand. https://nielseniq.com/global/en/landing-page/bases-innovation-renovation-and-brand-success/
- Flexible working environment
- Health insurance
- Parental leave
- Life assurance
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company providing the most complete and trusted view of consumers and markets in 90 countries covering 90% of the world’s population. Focusing on consumer-packaged goods manufacturers and FMCG and retailers, we enable customers to defy what’s possible. How? We combine unparalleled datasets, pioneering technology, and the industry’s top talent to create insights that unlock innovation. Join us and change the landscape.
Learn more at: www.niq.com
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
NielsenIQ is committed to reflecting the diversity of the clients, communities, and markets we measure within our own workforce. We exist to count everyone and are on a mission to systematically embed inclusion and diversity into all aspects of our workforce, measurement, and products. We enthusiastically invite candidates who share that mission to join us.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class. Our global non-discrimination policy covers these protected classes in every market in which we do business worldwide.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do by visiting the NielsenIQ News Center: https://nielseniq.com/global/en/news-center/diversity-inclusion/