Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Career Site Team: Technology and Engineering
The NielsenIQ BASES' mission is to help companies successfully innovate in a competitive market context. We use market data, predictive models, and market research services to provide our client organizations with valuable advice on how to innovate. In order to provide an insightful service, we use a vast range of technology and software that are mostly developed internally, together with some of our partners. This is a key asset for our business. In order to keep innovating in the technology area, we are now establishing three Global Technology Centres: US, India, and Portugal. The new European Technology Centre in Portugal has a mission to be part of the global team that develops our core technology solutions, but it is also in a great location to support our NielsenIQ European business.
The new team in Portugal will grow to have all the necessary sub-teams to fully work on product development, which includes: three different software engineering teams, one quality assurance automation team, and 1 DevOps team. This is where we need your help. We are looking for talented individuals who would like to help us build and be part of this engineering team in Portugal.
If you'd like to be part of something new, something you can influence from the start and if you'd like to jointly build something you can be proud of, then you might have found your next opportunity with this position at NielsenIQ. Join us and change the landscape.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for the Product Quality of Major features & Minor Releases.
- Understand requirements and scope
- Identify inconsistencies and gaps in requirements and communicate with Product Owner
- Serve as a Quality Assurance Engineer on teams that will execute projects from beginning to end, including working with product management, gathering requirements, brainstorming solutions, testing final applications
- Maintain knowledge of the architecture of the platform and product features
- Maintain complete functional knowledge of the product
- Create and execute manual functional test cases
- Identify test cases for automation & discuss most efficient type of automation for identified cases
- Design, Create and Execute automated functional test cases
- Design, Create and Execute automated non functional test cases (performance, Resiliency, Guardrails, Backwards compatibility)
- Log defects and co-ordinate with developers to resolve them
- Setup and maintain test data
- Provide end-user perspective for feature under test
- Work closely with other teams for cross functional requirements and collaboration
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Address areas of improvements in the automation framework and workflows
- Identify and implement QA processes in support of providing quality products.
- Educate new hires and team members on application, tools, technologies, processes
- Follow community best practices and team SDLC guidelines
We’re looking for people who have
- Accountable - Always executes at a high level regardless of undertaking
- Analytical - Examines multiple sources of information to assess problems/opportunities
- Creative - Explores multiple, different, new and unfamiliar approaches as potential solutions
- Customer Focused - Listens and asks questions to understand customer needs and evaluate situation
- Collaborative - Openly and proactively shares perspectives and challenges ideas
- Communication skills - Effective oral and written communication
- Detail Oriented
- Learning business and technical subject matter
- Shows initiative
- In-team influencing ability
- Cultivates initiative in team mates
Education and experience
· 5 to 8 years of QA automation experience
· MS/BS in Software Engineering or related discipline
· Hands on experience in test automation tools like Selenium or Protractor
· Knowledge in at least one programming language or scripting languages
· Experience with Object-Oriented design and development
· Strong test validation and test debugging skills
· Strong understanding of Software Quality Assurance (SQA) concepts and practices to continually assess the risks and quality of products and releases.
· Experience with Web-application/Cross browser testing
· Experience of Database testing
· Experience working with Cloud based applications is nice to have
· Experience working in onshore-offshore model
· Familiarity working in Agile-Scrum environment and software production release process
· Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent
ABOUT NIELSEN We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.