Senior Cyber Engineer
- Career Site Team: Technology and Engineering
NielsenIQ is maturing its Application Security programs and is recruiting an Mobile Application Security Engineer who will be responsible for evaluating the tools, processes and procedures used to secure mobile applications within iOS and Android devices. You will be supporting programs across all geographies and business units.
As the Mobile Application Security Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining the tools and technologies that are used to analyze and secure application code. You will oversee application security tools and technologies within a multi-national matrixed environment. The mobile application security engineer will have the opportunity to replace the current mobile application security scanning tools and advocate for the tech stack used for monitoring.
This position will involve working closely with cloud security team, business units, technical and non-technical stakeholders to drive the adoption and maturity of the NIQ’s Mobile Application Security programs.
What you’ll do
- Work with the Mobile Application Security Council to develop guidelines for iOS and Android applications
- Develop a threat model for common mobile application security threats
- Integrate mobile application security tools into the CI/CD process and IDE
- Integrate security tools within the IDE for mobile applications such as xCode, Android Studio, Eclipse, Visual Studio
- Developing authentication models for mobile applications
- Build and oversee the security reviews throughout the product development lifecycle
- Build and maintain a security champions program and security training for developers
- Partner with the application security team to implement security controls aligned to business operations
- Experience building metrics on software delivery, security findings and proposing root cause analysis
We’re looking for people who have
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field including Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Physics, Science or similar desired - experience in government, military or in other capacities with similar focus can be substituted
- Fall asleep dreaming of the OWASP Top ten
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline including tools such as Bitbucket, Gitlab, Jenkins, Terraform
- Experience with DevOps methodologies, processes, and technologies
- 3+ years of experience with iOS and Android mobile device operating systems
- SANS Mobile Device Security (SEC575)
- Experience with developing iOS and Android mobile applications
- Knowledge of common mobile application authentication and encryption methods, including OAuth and PKI
- Knowledge of reverse engineering Android DEX files and Apple’s Mach-O files
- Knowledge of protocol and network analysis using mitmproxy and Wireshark
- Knowledge of OWASP Mobile Top 10 and Mobile Security Testing Guide (MSTG)
- Experience using project management and ticketing tools such as JIRA, Trello, ServiceNow
- Experience working with government or military including nation state and sophisticated cybercrime experience including knowledge of sophisticated hacking techniques, malicious actors, IOCs, TTPs and the ability to translate intelligence into action is highly desirable
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated engagement in security conferences, training, learning, associations is highly desired and fully supported
- Self-starter, technology and security hobbyist, enthusiast
- Lifelong learner with endless curiosity
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.