Vice President, Global Marketing – BASES (a NielsenIQ practice)
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Career Site Team: TBD
ABOUT THIS JOB
NielsenIQ BASES is the industry leader in helping companies build brands through innovation, renovation, strategy, and go-to-market optimization. Our capabilities support hundreds of companies, across 80 markets, and a wide variety of industries.
Powered by behavioral science and agile technology, the BASES business will continue to lead, grow, and evolve to better serve a dynamic industry and client base. We are looking for a Marketing Leader who can help us continue to craft and amplify our brand story in the marketplace.
The marketing leader will be responsible for building BASES strategic marketing and communications plan, ensuring synergies across our direct and indirect marketing activities, and ultimately driving awareness and interest in the industry for the BASES brand and our capabilities.
The VP, Global Marketing will lead strategic marketing and communications for the BASES division of NielsenIQ, and drive synergies across brand management, public relations, content marketing, demand generation and product marketing.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work collaboratively with BASES business leaders to develop the overall marketing and communications strategy for the business, focusing on building our brand voice through external communications, product marketing, events, demand generation, and lead generation/progression.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing and communications plan for the business that builds brand equity, bolsters brand reputation, supports reach and customer acquisition/retention strategies, and meets budget allocations.
- Implement and manage multi-channel campaigns to build equity, increase awareness, activate demand and drive Early Qualified Leads (EQL’s) and Marketing Qualified Leads (MQL’s) fueling our business development pipeline.
- Define, measure, and manage key marketing KPIs to inform performance and optimization opportunities.
- In collaboration with the global marketing centers of excellence teams, build and manage content plans including, but not limited to, social posts, articles, blog posts, video, tradeshows/events, and gated content.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
Curiosity drives your interest in what moves the market. You are an empathetic, proven leader who enjoys rolling up your sleeves to get the job done. You know how to motivate those you manage directly and influence colleagues across functions and like to stay up-to-date on topical issues and identify innovative marketing opportunities. You operate with a sense of ownership and thrive on in a fast-paced, growing business where you will not only meet, but exceed team goals. You’re known for your willingness to get things accomplished, even if the path forward is complicated. You are a creative storyteller who enjoys building and sharing a compelling narrative around product solutions. You manage relationships and expectations as well as you manage projects, and your work speaks for itself.
- Proven track record of building brands and businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business. MBA preferred.
- A combined 10-15 years of experience in marketing, public relations, advertising, or brand marketing. Experience in, or consulting large enterprises preferred.
- Experience in public relations, both working directly with journalists to build relationships and pitch stories and training key internal thought leaders to speak to members of the press.
- Strong communication skills; a storyteller, with the ability to craft, tailor, and amplify across various internal and external stakeholders, mediums, and platforms.
- Strong knowledge and experience in B2B digital marketing, including SEO, email, paid social media, google ads, and digital advertising.
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation platforms such as Salesforce, HubSpot, and/or Microsoft Dynamics preferred.
- Agile, innovation and outcome-oriented mindset, data-driven, highly collaborative, creative, and energetic.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.