- Norwich, United Kingdom
- Career Site Team: Brandbank
About the job
The Sales Consultant will be responsible for generating new business alongside the account management of the existing clients. In this role you will have overall responsibility for strategic solution positioning, revenue and service delivery across the client/market portfolio. The position is located within a Content Syndication/Biz Dev function which is an integral part of the Nielsen Brandbank business. Content Syndication/Biz Dev solutions enable our clients to manage, support and grow their business using high quality digital product content across their organisation to deliver long term value.
The role is responsible for the implementation of the Content Syndication/Biz Dev strategy with your portfolio of prospects and clients, which will encompass the following:
- Content Syndication/Biz Dev function to operate as a profit centre delivering an agreed EBITDA (profit) position annually across all services.
- Delivery of a multi-million dollar annual budget (OP) for revenue and expenses (including any CapEx requests) in line with the wider business process.
- Execution of the Content Syndication/Biz Dev strategy and solutions in conjunction with the Head of Content Syndication and key stakeholders.
- Translation of business/functional strategies into specific business plans (OGSM - Objectives, Goals, Strategies, Measures) to execute against your clients/markets.
- Drive a client-centric approach to all our solution offerings, with a focus on simplicity and ease for our clients.
- Drive a culture of innovation and automation in all the solutions we deliver, with an emphasis on best practices and best in class delivery.
- Work effectively within your team and all other functional areas (Commercial, Operations, Technology, Business Development and Finance/HR) to ensure the smooth running of the Nielsen Brandbank business
- Solutions delivered to be in accordance with all relevant business policies (NielsenIQ & Nielsen Brandbank).
You are experienced in sales, ideally within technology or IT industry and business development is your middle name. You are comfortable influencing senior external stakeholders, nurturing new relationships and growing the existing ones. You are open to travel across the UK, Europe and further afield (once pandemic ends) and want to get experience in different cultures. You have a track record of using data and tools to drive business growth and feel comfortable with owning your own diary.
- A strong sales background, ideally within IT/ Technology industry
- Experience in both key account management and acquisition of new clients
- An ability to present at Board Level and below, controlling meetings to achieve your desired outcome
- The ability to build relationships with customers of all sizes & types, in order to fully understand their objectives and content solutions
- An understanding of content syndication and digital product content (preferably shopper content) and its application across businesses
- A basic understanding of systems integration
- The ability to understand/dive into the detail of a solution
- Basic technical understanding of some or all of the following would be an advantage:
- SQL & Relational Database concepts and structures
- Programming languages (pref C#, Ruby)
- XML-based web service protocols (SOAP and WSDL)
- An understanding of shopper content and/or the CPG/FMCG industry and related technologies
- Experience in Product Information Management (PIM) systems and Master Data Management (MDM) systems would be an advantage
- Remains calm under high pressure
- Self-motivated, organised, proactive and outcome orientated
- Capable of hands-on problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (any Latin American or Central-Eastern Europe language would be a bonus)
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.