Senior Project Manager
- Norwich, UK
- Career Site Team: Brandbank
Senior Project Manager, Norwich
About the job
As a Senior Project Manager you will be responsible for planning, managing and executing projects and programmes of change within NielsenIQ Brandbank business.
As a people manager, it will be your role to lead, motivate, support and educate Project Managers reporting to you, being also accountable for the combined performance of your team.
By working closely with the PMO Analyst you will ensure that projects have appropriate reporting, issues are correctly identified and resolved or escalated, and project budgets are under control. When required, you will use hands-on approach and act as project manager for appropriate pieces of work.
- Line manager for the Project Managers within the PMO, owning the resource allocation of Project Managers to projects, ensuring the right skills are available and development opportunities are taken.
- Ensures team members are informed, have clear goals, and work collaboratively and in partnership with stakeholders to achieve planned outcomes.
- Works closely with the Head of PMO, Senior BA, Senior Change Manager and Product Leaders to manage the overall portfolio demand, ensuring the roadmap is understood and meets the business goals.
- Manages relationships amongst stakeholders by building confidence and trust with clear professional communications and expectation management.
- Drives project execution, utilises project plans and schedules to monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables. Monitors and controls change, pro-actively seeks and resolves blockers.
- Acting as the escalation point for all projects in flight and liaises with Head of PMO where escalation cannot be resolved.
- Manages projects within agreed governance structures and processes, to ensure consistency of approach and efficient use of resources. Guides project teams toward Agile where appropriate following the Nielsen Brandbank Change Lifecycle, championing ongoing process improvement and helping team members embrace the process.
- Timely and accurate reporting of portfolio and high project risks and issues to management with contingency/mitigation plans to allow effective management decision making.
- Works closely with the PMO Analyst and seeks stakeholder insight to feed into improved processes while ensuring compliance with governance and standards. Contributes to the provision of documentation for new or improved processes, products and services and to ensure that good practice is disseminated throughout the organisation.
You’re a highly experienced Project Manager, adept at managing complex projects and / or programs of work. You can evidence your ability to build and lead teams, supporting people and delivering successful outcomes. Creative and analytical work is the combination that distinguishes you, as well as excellent problem-solving skills and capability to make decisions in a fast-moving environment.
You look for efficiencies without compromising on the quality of service. You can make sense of complex situations and identify key dependencies and risks. You know how to link the projects together, as well as can maintain a deep level of understanding of the change activity across the organisation and can communicate this understanding effectively at all levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of work or equivalent professional qualification or experience
- Significant experience in programme and project management with an ability to advise and guide others
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of Project Management methodologies and tools
- Experience of driving the adoption of agile methodologies and using agile tools
- Experience of line management, coaching and mentoring
- Demonstrable ability to effectively lead and influence multiple levels of an organization across functional boundaries.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including problem solving, prioritizing and interpersonal relationship building.
- Proven track record in influencing and working with stakeholders to deliver projects that enable their business objectives.
- Proven organization and time management skills (ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines).
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and direct the work of others.
- Proven ability to facilitate group discussion and build consensus
- Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Significant experience in full systems development lifecycle on multiple concurrent projects - preferred
- Experience in the FMCG business domain – nice to have
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.