Junior Analytical Consultant (Dutch Speaking)
- Diemen, Netherlands
- Career Site Team: Client Service & Sales
About this job
Are you also curious where the avocado trend suddenly comes from? And when did it start? And do you immediately notice when you walk through the supermarket and your favourite chip brand has released a new flavour? Do you also wait to buy your shampoo until the 1+1 offer is back? And are you interested in which products consumers buy every day and would you like to learn more about them?
Look no further: you've come to the right place!
For our Commercial Team in Diemen, we are looking for an Analytical consultant. As an Analytical Consultant, you are responsible for making analyzes and giving presentations to
manufacturers or retailers of Food, home or personal care products.
This is an interesting position, in which you learn, among other things, how brands and categories are analyzed and how companies deal with market information. At NielsenIQ you will learn the right skills if you want to continue in market research, but also if you eventually aspire to a career in brand, sales, (trade) marketing, or category management.
A little about you
This will be an ideal job for you if you possess strong analytical skills with a great eye for detail. You are also a great communicator with excellent presentation skills.
- You analyze data about well-known brands in supermarkets, drugstores, perfumery stores, petrol stations and liquor stores. The starting point is often the sales and market share development of brands in specific product categories. Based on your analyses, we can answer the 'why' question: for example, does a brand sell more due to a change in the range, or due to a changed price or promotion strategy? You answer these questions and present the results to our customers.
- You work closely with colleagues to exploit commercial opportunities.
- You are part of several team projects aimed at gaining insights into consumer trends.
- Has excellent oral and written command of the Dutch and English languages.
- Has completed a study in Business Economics/Administration, MarketingManagement/Analytics/Intelligence or a comparable study.
- Is interested in marketing and in products sold in supermarkets and drug stores.
- Has excellent skills in Microsoft Office tools, especially in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Already has work experience in market research FMCG/market research/account management
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.