Director, External Communications
- New York, NY, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Career Site Team: Marketing and Communications
Play a lead role in external communications COE, supporting a multi-pronged PR plan that aligns with the company’s business growth objectives and overall strategy. This role will be essential in executing public relations activities to strengthen NielsenIQ’s reputation and market leader position as a thought leader and influencer.
Key responsibilities of the role include strategic planning and overseeing the execution of communications initiatives to cement our position as an industry leader. Primary areas of focus include:
● Develop and execute comprehensive communications and/or crisis strategies that protect and defend the NielsenIQ brand globally.
● Create flawless communications (press releases, pitches, and client and internal communications, etc) and own the entire process from origination to final approval with minimal manager oversight.
● Consistently demonstrate exceptional writing, editing and research skills
● Ideate and execute on creative ideas that break the mold or challenge conventional NielsenIQ thinking - while still operating within the confines of our communications and brand goals.
● Identify medium to long-term communications opportunities for NielsenIQ to own based on the company’s strategic priorities.
● Develop creative, comprehensive communications plans based on NielsenIQ’s strategic priorities/products. Then manage/ own the execution of those plans over the duration of the project.
● Demonstrate sound judgment in identifying issues/topics that are of interest to NielsenIQ’s stakeholders, and work to create alignment among potentially competing interests.
● Liaise with NielsenIQ’s regional communications teams around the world on issues management/crisis communications to coordinate strategy, share best practices and develop storylines that supplement local activities, as needed.
● Understand NielsenIQ’s key issues, objectives, products and core strategy across our business units to inform internal/external communications plans and messaging.
● Support executive communications for the NielsenIQ C‐suite and key global media relations activities, as needed.
● Build, nurture and manage relationships with key global media to advance strategic objectives.
● Be a trusted advisor to internal NielsenIQ stakeholders, providing sound and experienced communications advice.
● Manage relationships with external vendors/partners
● 10+ years experience in strategic communications (in public relations/strategic communications/marketing, corporate communications, and/or related fields, including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing)
● Undergraduate college degree required in Communications, Journalism or related field
● Experience managing communications in consumer packaged goods, retail, advertising or media industries preferred
● Previous experience working in a large organization with a multi-country footprint is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.