Senio Executive - Data Scientist
- Vadodara, Gujarat, India
- Career Site Team: Data Science
ABOUT THIS JOB
Data science drives everything we do here at NielsenIQ. Our statistical research is at the forefront of an industry moving at the speed of light.GDDC is responsible for all Design related activities in Data science. GDDC is basically responsible for setting up the base of any product like retail index, E-comm, Cash & Carry, Scan track service (new/existing). They work closely with all the stakeholders to understand the client requirements & provide recommendations/suggestions so as to best build up the product which balances expectations from both the client and methodological requirements. The GDDC team is responsible for processes starting from scope definition to panel sample design which would include processes like Sample design, extrapolation, and simulation, etc.
● Design, execute, and deliver analytical studies extracting and utilizing data from multiple sources to identify new insights for clients and internal teams.
● Prepare communications of study results for broad distribution to clients and internal teams through written and video media.
● Develop and maintain performance dashboards and web-based reporting tools.
● Engage with senior level colleagues to ensure the development and successful implementation of plans to address performance opportunities.
● Proactively identify potential risks to the data quality of analyses, assist in required
investigations to ensure prompt and accurate resolution of potential issues.
● Communicate effectively with clients and senior level colleagues to ensure the quality of input data used in analyses, the understanding of results, and successful completion of follow-up actions.
● Maintain flexibility in working in a dynamic work environment where delivery schedules and priorities fluctuate according to client needs and external department demands.
● Work collaboratively with colleagues in the same location and in offices located globally.
● Recommend improvements in processes within the area of responsibility.
WHO YOU WILL MOSTLY WORK WITH
● Engage with internal stakeholders in Data Science, Operations, Stat ops in the planning and on roll out of country enhancements.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You’ve dabbled in data. You’ve perused Python/R. And you have the communication chops to translate it all into conversation or presentations. While you’ve worked with global cross-functional teams, you can also put your head down and focus on independent projects. Seeing the big picture takes attention to detail. Keeping up with the fast-changing world of digital media measurement takes someone who recognizes that. You know what’s happening in big data and you’re ready to influence what’s next. You need to be flexible enough to work from the office as well as from home whenever required. Ready to
take on job training. Be actively engaged and participate in engagement activities of the team. You need to be open to work with cross functional teams as well. Open to changing processes, ways of working, tools, etc. Builds collaborative relationships within and across teams and services. Works for the success of the team and balances own needs within larger organizations. Simplifying processes and automating them. Own the work and strive for the overall success of the organization.
● Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Maths/ Stats/ Economics/ Actuarial Science/ Engineering (Computer Science/IT with good knowledge of Statistics)/ Analytics/ Data Science.
● Proficient in Python or R and other open source tools
● Relevant work experience of 0 to 4 years
● Intellectual curiosity and persistence to find answers to questions
● Eager to continuously learn and adapt to changing technologies and tools.
● Solid understanding of Statistics.
● Good aptitude for data analysis.
● Familiar with contemporary database systems.
GREAT TO HAVE
● Experience in statistical analysis, working with algorithms/ models and large-scale databases.
● Preferred experience in survey research methodology, research processes
● Preferred domain expertise
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.