Research Executive- Customized Intelligence
- Johannesburg, South Africa
- Career Site Team: Client Service & Sales
ABOUT THIS JOB
We won’t say we can predict the future, but our team of Market Research Analysts gets pretty close. This role combines data analysis and client consultation from the start, with plenty of room for growth. You find the stories behind scatter plots and help clients determine which products to launch. Your insights will influence decisions for some of today’s leading global companies.
- Attend client meetings with Senior Managers to understand client business issues and assist them in sales activities in costing projects and building high quality proposals designed to achieve client business objectives.
- Be able to build professional reports and compelling presentations and deliver those with impact.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with key stakeholders within our client organizations.
- Drive client satisfaction by providing insights and actionable recommendations in reports and presentations and by providing value-added analyses and response to special requests.
- Budget Responsibility: Minimal
- Key interface relationships (internal and external): Client service teams / Data Acquisition teams, Measurement Science
- Number of employees managed: Will vary depending on the project
- Number of employees indirectly managed: None
- Number of third-party employees (contractors/outsourced) managed: None
- The role is global/regional/ local: Regional, East Africa
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
- Experience in Primary Quantitative Market Research with practical knowledge of research methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Very Good Influencing & Persuading Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics or a business related field
- 0-2 years’ experience in Market Research
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts e.g. mean, standard deviation, sampling, significance testing.
- Ability to create a story and create insights using data and analytics
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Be self-motivated, adaptable and proactive - no two days are the same in this role!
- Experience in writing questionnaires
Preferred Requirements (Added Advantage)
- Knowledge of multivariate analyses – e.g. correlation, regression, factor analysis.
- Experience using analysis software such as R, SPSS.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.