Intern - Consumer Intelligence
- Career Site Team: Client Service & Sales
Duration - 6 months
ABOUT THIS JOB
We are looking to hire passionate and agile individuals as interns who can take a high degree of ownership and deliver results in a fast-paced and evolving business division.
The person will be involved in live projects and will support the delivery team in addressing client questions, executing error-free data outputs and reports and delivering results on time. He/ she will be actively involved in data processing and analysis for regular/ subscription and ad hoc business deliverables each month.
The associate will be handling large amounts of e-commerce shopper transactional data. He/ she should be familiar with database structures and data processing tools to work efficiently with the high volume data.
The associate will also work closely with the commercial team by providing data insights for proposals and pitch presentations.
The associate may also be involved in automating data extraction and processing queries which will build efficiencies while working on large volumes of data.
- Post Graduate in Data Science/ Computer Science/ Statistics/ MBA (Marketing as majors/ specialization subject) or any other related field
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language. Preferably R or Python
- Adept in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint with good presentation skills
- Exposure to multivariate statistical modelling (e.g. clustering, regression, principal components and factor analysis, time-series forecasting, Bayesian methods) and machine learning (Random Forest, KNN, SVM, boosting and bagging, regularization etc.)
- Strong analytic skills and ability to structure high volume data
- High degree of ownership, agility and willingness to get tasks completed within short durations
- Team working skills
- Data interpretation & problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Managing timelines for various tasks, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.