- Chicago, IL, USA
- Career Site Team: Data Science
- Travel: Yes, 5% of the Time
Data Scientist, Retailer Intelligence
The Retail Intelligence NielsenIQ Product Organization develops and drives forward our product strategy for NielsenIQ retail data. From measurement strategy to delivery mechanism and applications suite, the Product Organization identifies market opportunities and shapes product offerings to enable our clients’ strategic business decision-making.
Being part of the Product Innovation PODs you will play a critical role in developing the next generation of solutions that leverage daily, t-log, and other in-house time-series data assets. You’ll be actively participating with other team members in the overall Product creation process. From ideation through the “Go to Market” strategy, you’ll be learning and exploring the newest technologies & applications for data streaming, data architecture, and data modeling solutions. You’ll work alongside a group of talented individuals with different areas of expertise including best-in-class data scientists, product managers, and data collection specialists with the main purpose of accelerating innovation.
What you’ll do
- Ideate and develop solutions for the product innovation pipeline.
- Build statistical and analytical models (including ML/AI approaches) as prototypes and POCs to address specific client business needs
- Responsible for evaluating potential solutions’ fit vs product requirements
- Refine and enhance product features
- Work with Product Manager, Data architect Leader, and Design Leader to define requirements for data pipelines, playground specs, methodologies & modeling techniques, product delivery mechanisms, and user experience.
- Maintain data integrity and quality throughout the development lifecycle
- Read, write, comment, maintain, and share legible and quality computer code utilized in prototype and solution.
- Actively participate in Agile workflows with the broader team which includes: sprints, task completion, stand-up debriefs, and solution/code demos
- Translate Clients’ requirements to actionable solutions or products
We’re looking for people who have
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Engineering or related field with requiring outstanding analytical expertise and strong technical background
- 2+ years of experience in data science/analytics related product development and/or data solutions development
- Vast knowledge in modelling techniques and methodologies: Linear regression, Time series Regression, K mean, Neural Networks, Decision trees, Classification, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, etc.
- Leads prototyping as well as supporting pilot programs for R&D purposes. The primary areas include trend analyses, identifying gaps for improvements in coverage, representation/ sampling, bias reduction, indirect estimation, data integration, automation, generalization, harmonization as well as working with different data sources.
- Proficient in Python/R, SQL or other statistical packages as well as version control.
- Experience with Cloud computing, ETL, advanced data processing techniques.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present and explain methodological and operational solutions to executive leadership
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.