VP, Engineering (Frontend)
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Career Site Team: Technology and Engineering
- Travel: No
Our NielsenIQ Technology teams are working on our new Connected platform, a unified, global, open data ecosystem powered by Microsoft Azure. Our clients around the world rely on NielsenIQ data and insights to innovate and grow.
As a VP of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading the design & delivery of our frontend applications. You will be expected to ensure we’re making long-term technology decisions, by building a stable, scalable system rooted in modern architecture (cloud native technologies) & design. We need your expertise to ensure we are building for the business of the future.
What you’ll do
- Hands on leadership and end to end responsibility of our Platform front end applications with API first approach
- Partner with leadership across technology to support and lead technical conversations, including architecture review, code review, and drive SDLC process as required
- Lead full cycle development of strategic initiatives and provide overall technical guidance to all frontend application teams
- Work closely with the platform frontend product leader, creating a linkage between technology development and commercial outcomes
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices
How you’ll invest in talent
- Develop and inspire a world class team fostering the highest quality talent while scaling to meet business challenges
- Cultivate strong culture and engagement, ensuring associates are committed and excited about their work
- Identify and develop Nielsen’s future leaders and senior technologists acting as a talent multiplier
- Work collaboratively with HR and all horizontal leaders to invest in and develop talent strategies
We’re looking for people who have
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Deep experience in developing scalable and cloud native data processing frameworks using microservices and cutting edge technologies
- Extensive experience in leading delivery teams in agile software development practices and DevOps
- Advanced knowledge of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance, scalability and availability
- Demonstrated experience in designing and building multithreaded distributed systems
- Thrives in a fast paced, high-pressure environment and enjoys being challenged
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively influence across cross-functional technology teams, the business and outside the organization
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.