- Needham, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Career Site Team: Technology and Engineering
- Travel: Yes, 15% of the Time
YOU’LL BUILD TECH THAT EMPOWERS GLOBAL BUSINESSES
NielsenIQ teams are working on our Studio platform, a unified, global, open data ecosystem powered by Microsoft Azure. Our clients around the world rely on NielsenIQ data and insights to innovate and grow.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who brings hands-on, practical operational expertise to the NielsenIQ Innovation team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work with team members to build and maintain scalable, highly available, and high performing systems
- Maintain and improve our deployment and scaling processes
- Work with Development and QA teams to support the automation infrastructure
- Work closely with the team to support tools that enable integration and deployments
- Assist other team members on the system and infrastructure-related issues when necessary
- Participate in on-call rotation.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE
- 3-5+ years with hands-on experience running 24x7 production environments
- Experience working with cloud computing; preferably Azure
- Solid experience with Linux and Windows systems administration,
- Knowledge in IT process automation such as backup and recovery, and deployment
- Knowledge of configuration management tools, like Ansible, Puppet and Chef
- Experience in maintaining system and application monitoring applications
- Experience with the infrastructure used in content delivery via the web (such as Tomcat, WAF, Load balancers, etc)
- Knowledge supporting relational & NoSQL databases
- Experience with capacity planning and benchmarking
- Experience working with high traffic sites
- Knowledge of agile development and continuous deployment
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable experience
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.