Immediate Hire: Project Manager
- Managua, Nicaragua
- Employees can work remotely
Nicasource is a US software engineering agency based in Nicaragua. Our team is mainly comprised of software engineers, quality testers, project managers, and designers. We pride ourselves on building rewarding careers for each one of our members.
We help our clients achieve their goals by matching the right talent with their specialized needs. We develop software with a vision of the future to help our clients become market leaders. Our goal is to become our clients' go-to partner for increasing resources strategically.
Our Culture and Values
We live and breathe technology. We are passionate about software communities and love contributing to them.
- Flexibility: We preach adaptability and practice agility to meet the needs of our clients and collaborators.
- Teamwork: We promote collective intelligence by empowering our employees and making them part of our decision-making processes.
- Passion: We enjoy what we do and we are continually innovating and improving.
- Talent: We are driven by talent. We embrace continuous improvement and always aim to make decisions that will enhance the quality of life of our team members.
We are looking for an agile Project Manager who loves technology and has experience managing software and web development projects. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of agile frameworks such as Scrum. Is driven, enthusiastic, and proactive problem solver. You will serve as the glue at the center of cross-functional teams including developers, UI/UX/VX designers, and QA testers.
You will contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment to build and enhance working relationships with clients, external partners, and within the company. To succeed, you will need to have a passion for technology, be comfortable with ambiguity, manage complexity and multiple work streams with ease, and exude excellent communication skills. Backed by your emotional intelligence, extensive experience across a variety of project types, and in-depth knowledge of agile project management best practices, you know how to run projects smoothly.
- Write user stories, acceptance criteria and other technical documentation as required with the support of the Technical Leads and User Experience designers.
- Manage project requirements and delivery by fully understanding the project’s stakeholders expectations.
- Liaise between the customer and internal teams and be the primary point of contact/account manager to build long-term relationships with customers.
- Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project.
- Construct presentation material, and deliver it to audiences of any level.
- Actively manage project health and the complete Software Development Lifecycle. Create various documentation for planning and scoping projects, including comprehensive project plans, timelines, detailed development estimations, milestones, and sprint plannings.
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Responsible for facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint reviews, sprint retrospectives, and should help coordinate and schedule any other relevant meetings.
- Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of the scrum team in Agile methodology.
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work and acting as safeguard for the team.
- Leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
- Source and coordinate the efforts of freelancers, as needed
- Ensure the client is satisfied with the services being provided for them and oversee team member allocation .
- Understand the responsibilities and tasks being performed by any team member working for that client. As well as ensuring everyone assigned to work on that client’s project understands the expectations for the work.
- Escalate issues with individual team members to their engineering team lead and proactively provide them with feedback about the performance of team members working on the project.
- Create burnout, velocity, and sprint reports according to client’s needs and project’s scope.
- Must have, at least, upper-intermediate English communication skills
- Understand the main ideas of complex topics, including technical discussions
- Interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party
- Produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 2-3 years of experience as a Project Manager managing small to large projects with varying degrees of complexity in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using Jira, Pivotal Tracker, or similar project management software
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 3-9 team members including Developers, UI/UX/VX designers, and QA testers.
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required.
- Scrum Master or Product Owner certifications are a plus
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing a variety of software development projects in a client facing capacity
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- English is highly needed.
- Yearly performance-based bonus and salary reviews
- Paid continuous education and trainings for self-development
- Access to training and professional development platforms
- Remote work with a Monday to Friday schedule
- We are mainly hiring people from Argentina, Mexico, and Nicaragua
- Vacation 15 business days a year
- National Holidays
- Equipment reimbursement program
- Private health and dental insurance