Immediate Hire: Backend Developer
- Managua, Nicaragua
- Employees can work remotely
Nicasource is a US software engineering agency based in Nicaragua. Our team is mainly comprised of software engineers, quality testers, project managers, and designers. We pride ourselves on building rewarding careers for each one of our members.
We help our clients achieve their goals by matching the right talent with their specialized needs. We develop software with a vision of the future to help our clients become market leaders. Our goal is to become our clients' go-to partner for increasing resources strategically.
Our Culture and Values
We live and breathe technology. We are passionate about software communities and love contributing to them.
- Flexibility: We preach adaptability and practice agility to meet the needs of our clients and collaborators.
- Teamwork: We promote collective intelligence by empowering our employees and making them part of our decision-making processes.
- Passion: We enjoy what we do and we are continually innovating and improving.
- Talent: We are driven by talent. We embrace continuous improvement and always aim to make decisions that will enhance the quality of life of our team members.
We are looking for an experienced Back-end developer to join our software engineering team. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining functional and stable web applications to meet our client’s needs.
If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you.
As a Back-end developer, you’ll work closely with our engineers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience. You will be responsible for a variety of different projects in various languages and frameworks. This includes new development using NodeJS, maintenance of existing PHP codebase, API development, and more.
It is essential that you are able to learn quickly and work in languages with which you may not already be familiar. Our client uses Docker, Kubernetes, and hosts in AWS.
Implement new app modules based on the product requirements
Build reusable code and libraries for future use
Integrate various APIs from third parties
Collaborate closely with the teams of PMs, QAs, and other developers
Participate in software architecture, design discussions and code reviews
Collaborate with Front-end developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic
3+ years of professional software engineering experience creating APIs using NodeJS
Experience leading a software project
Ability to quickly ramp up on new skills and technologies
Ability to write clear, well designed, efficient, maintainable and testable code that you are proud of
Understanding of the Agile development life-cycle
Proficiency using version control and continuous integration, with tools such as Git, Jenkins or other version control tools.
Advance English skills.
Nice to haves
Professional experience with multiple parts of the client’s technology stack: NodeJS, MySql, Redshift, AWS Serverless technologies, GraphQL, PHP, Java, Docker / Kubernetes, and Elasticsearch.
AWS developers certifications, i.e: AWS Certified Developer, AWS certified solutions architect.
- English is highly needed.
- Yearly performance-based bonus and salary reviews
- Paid continuous education and trainings for self-development
- Access to training and professional development platforms
- Remote work with a Monday to Friday schedule
- Vacation 15 business days a year
- National Holidays
- Equipment reimbursement program
- Private health and dental insurance