Mid or Senior NodeJS and Typescript Developer
- Managua, Nicaragua
- Employees can work remotely
Nicasource is a software engineering agency based in Nicaragua. Our team is mainly comprised of software engineers, quality testers, project managers, and designers. We pride ourselves on building rewarding careers for each one of our members.
We help our clients achieve their goals by matching the right talent with their specialized needs. We develop software with a vision of the future to help our clients become market leaders. Our goal is to become our clients' go-to partner for increasing resources strategically.
Our Culture and Values
We live and breathe technology. We are passionate about software communities and love contributing to them.
- Flexibility: We preach adaptability and practice agility to meet the needs of our clients and collaborators.
- Teamwork: We promote collective intelligence by empowering our employees and making them part of our decision-making processes.
- Passion: We enjoy what we do and we are continually innovating and improving.
- Talent: We are driven by talent. We embrace continuous improvement and always aim to make decisions that will enhance the quality of life of our team members.
We are seeking a Senior NodeJS Developer that also knows Typescript to join our team based in Managua, Nicaragua. This is an exciting position in a fast-moving team where you can provide immediate and lasting value to the company and clients.
At Nicasource, we have a passion for awesome software, beautiful creative, and innovative ideas. We love learning new skills and exploring cutting edge technologies. But we have a passion for living too.
The candidate should be located in any of the following locations:
- Managua, Nicaragua
- Monterrey, Mexico
- Córdoba, Argentina
- Experience with Nodejs, express.js and Typescript.
Database administration experience with both relational (Postgres preferred) and non-relational database types.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- English speaker. Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise documentation.
- Experience with unit test frameworks.
- Experience with source control, preferably git.
- Strong understanding of software architecture and design
- A good mind for security. Advising on security measures for hosting and coding practices would be beneficial and is a common concern of many of our clients.
- Experience with automating tasks toolkit like gulp.
- Experience with linting tools like eslint and tslint.
- Participate in all aspects of software development activities, including design, coding, code review, unit-testing, bug fixing, and operations.
- Design, build, and maintain high-performance scalable cloud solutions for customers hosting websites and other projects. Optimize and test existing software to enhance and improve performance, functionality, and usability.
- Create and maintain automated tests using WebSocket.io to provide robust testing libraries of new and existing applications.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to help define and implement requirements for backend services, components, and interfaces.
- Own development for features of large highly complex projects, and apply knowledge to implement architectural and feature specs to drive customer success through the delivery of high-quality code.
- Writing complete functional specification and documentation.
- Estimate schedules, breaking tasks down to reasonable 1-3 day tasks.
- Write, test, and document well-structured code against technical specifications that scale and perform well.
- Identify new technologies and when to use them. Make recommendations for system and process improvement. Invest time and energy to improve skills and knowledge.
English is highly needed
- Continuous training for self-development
- Yearly salary reviews
- Great work environment
- Competitive salary
- Cell phone plan after 90 days of hire
- Health and dental insurance after 90 days of hire