Mid-Senior NodeJS Developer and Test Automation Engineer
- Managua, Nicaragua
- Employees can work remotely
NicaSource is an engineering agency based in Managua, Nicaragua. We are composed of web engineers, Project Managers and experienced quality assurance testers.
We are seeking a Senior NodeJS Developer and Test Automation Engineer Freelance to join our team based in Managua, Nicaragua. This is an exciting position in a fast-moving team where you can provide immediate and lasting value to the company and clients.
At Nicasource, we have a passion for awesome software, beautiful creative, and innovative ideas. We love learning new skills and exploring cutting edge technologies. But we have a passion for living too.
- Database administration experience with both relational (SQL preferred) and non-relational database types.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- English speaker. Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to produce clear, concise documentation.
- Experience with Nodejs, express.js.
- Experience with automated testing tools like Webdriver.io
- Experience with unit test frameworks.
- Experience with testing tools like chaijs, mocha, jest. etc.
- Experience with source control, preferably git.
- Strong understanding of software architecture and design
- A good mind for security. Advising on security measures for hosting and coding practices would be beneficial and is a common concern of many of our clients.
- Experience with automating tasks toolkit like gulp.
- Experience with linting tools like eslint and tslint.
- Participate in all aspects of software development activities, including design, coding, code review, unit-testing, bug fixing, and operations.
- Design, build, and maintain high-performance scalable cloud solutions for customers hosting websites and other projects. Optimize and test existing software to enhance and improve performance, functionality, and usability.
- Create and maintain automated tests using WebSocket.io to provide robust testing libraries of new and existing applications.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to help define and implement requirements for backend services, components, and interfaces.
- Own development for features of large highly complex projects, and apply knowledge to implement architectural and feature specs to drive customer success through the delivery of high-quality code.
- Writing complete functional specification and documentation.
- Estimate schedules, breaking tasks down to reasonable 1-3 day tasks.
- Write, test, and document well-structured code against technical specifications that scale and perform well.
- Identify new technologies and when to use them. Make recommendations for system and process improvement. Invest time and energy to improve skills and knowledge.
We have a passion for awesome software, creative, and innovative ideas. We love learning new skills and exploring cutting edge technologies. But we have a passion for living, too.
- Competitive salary
- Cell phone plan after 90 days of hire
- Health and dental insurance after 90 days of hire