Mid-Senior DevOps Engineer - Full-time Position
- Managua, Nicaragua
- Employees can work remotely
NicaSource is an engineering agency based in Managua, Nicaragua. We are composed of web engineers, Project Managers and experienced quality assurance testers.
NicaSource seeks a seasoned Senior DevOps Engineer to join the Engineering team. The position needs an individual with a strong technical background who relishes complex problems, is an analytical thinker, and has a keen eye for details. The role entails working with developers to optimize the deployment release process, managing a fleet of servers and applications on AWS and other cloud services, and ensuring high availability of our client projects. Additionally, this engineer will be expected to participate in the development of backend systems that might include an API, CMS, or a custom application.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Building and maintaining continuous integration builds using Jenkins or Circle CI. Making sure jobs are built after github commits.
- Experience setting up hosting environments, migrating data, launching websites, setting up CDNs and SSL.
- A decent knowledge of PHP. We do plenty of work in WordPress so having at least a cursory knowledge of PHP would be helpful.
- A good mind for security. Advising on security measures for hosting and coding practices would be beneficial and is a common concern of many of our clients.
- Experience with AWS ( EC2, working with S3, etc.)
- Experience with source control, preferably git.
- Experience with unit test frameworks.
- Experience with Networking/Firewall.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (Serverless, Terraform, etc).
- Database administration experience with both relational and non-relational database types.
- English speaker
- Design, build, and maintain high-performance scalable cloud solutions for customers hosting websites and other projects. Optimize and test existing software to enhance and improve performance, functionality, and usability.
- Participate in all aspects of software development activities, including design, coding, code review, unit-testing, bug fixing, and operations.
- Create and maintain continuous integration and continuous deployment processes or pipelines for various projects.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to help define and implement requirements for backend services, components, and interfaces.
- Own development for features of large highly complex projects, and apply knowledge to implement architectural and feature specs to drive customer success through the delivery of high-quality code.
- Writing complete functional specification and documentation.
- Estimate schedules, breaking tasks down to reasonable 1-3 day tasks.
- Write, test, and document well-structured code against designs that scale and perform well for customers worldwide.
- Identify new technologies and when to use them. Make recommendations for system and process improvement. Invest time and energy to improve skills and knowledge.
We have a passion for awesome software, creative, and innovative ideas. We love learning new skills and exploring cutting edge technologies. But we have a passion for living, too.
- Competitive salary
- Cell phone plan after 90 days of hire
- Health and dental insurance after 90 days of hire