Software Engineer (Front End)
- Lausanne, Switzerland
Nexthink is the global leader in digital employee experience management. Our products allow enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experiences. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback, Nexthink gives IT teams the insight they need to empower and even delight people at work.
Headquartered in Switzerland with US headquarters in Boston, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain and UAE. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of nearly ten million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuinely representative workforce that can create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience. Join us today!
We are looking for a Front-end Software Engineer having solid experience developing single page web applications using recent web frameworks, with a particular focus on data analytics. You will join one of our platform teams and work on developing core systems that trigger massive data queries and analysis to support the diagnostics of IT problems by our end-users. This is a hands-on position where you will design, build, and deploy production grade components, while collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams, product managers and UX designers.
The position requires a result-oriented mindset, supported by strong experience building front-ends for data querying and visualization; any experience with Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) is a plus. The ability to communicate complicated concepts in simple ways is vital as you will be working in a cross-functional environment.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Mocking, prototyping and deploying web features in fast cycles of experimentation and consolidation
- Deploying those features safely in our production cloud environment
- Being a strong team player
- Actively supporting the creation of continuous integration processes in an Agile environment
- Teaching others the ways of modern web frameworks like React
- Helping QA teammates in their day to day support issues
- Following and improving our code quality and documentation standards
- 3-5 years of experience building front ends and single page apps for data analytics using modern UI frameworks like React (preferred). Agile, CI/CD know-how is a must.
- Worked on data platforms that were deployed in a cloud environment.
- Experience with CSS and frameworks such as Bootstrap / Material UI
- Some experience with scalable software architecture: micro-services, APIs (e.g.: REST, GraphQL), container deployment (e.g.: Docker, Kubernetes, Istio).
- Basics of OOP and algorithms
- Experience with DevOps is a plus
- Passion for building a system from the ground up; start-up experience is a plus
- Proven independence and self-drive; strong motivation for complex challenges and learning new technologies
- Teamwork and helping others are part of your DNA
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), French is a plus
The seniority will depend on the level of mastery and experience with big data cloud solutions. Candidates from the EU or with valid working Swiss permit are preferred.
Enjoy an amazing work environment. You want to go to the gym? You got it. You want to share knowledge or learn something? That’s what the pizza talks are for. Flexible hours, work from home when you need to? Sure. Free coffee, fresh fruits and beverages? No doubt. You want the coolest developer job on this side of the galaxy? You’re at the right place. So, what are you waiting for? The button you’re looking for is on the top right of the screen.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful and innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness and collaboration.