Software Engineer in Test (Collector)
- Lausanne, Switzerland
Nexthink is a global leader in Digital Employee Experience. Our product allows enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experience. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints, Nexthink helps IT teams meet the needs of the modern digital workplace.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Australia and the US. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of seven million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, and equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational and multilingual, and come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuine representative workforce that can help us create solutions and foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience. Join us today!
Inside the Nexthink Engineering department, the team you will be joining builds what we call the Collectors: the endpoint agents that run on the system of the millions of employees mentioned above.
In a nutshell, Collectors extract meaningful information about what's going on the OS, interpret it and feed it to our data analytics systems.
- Challenge #1: make the list of information impressive, growing and increasingly difficult to get and crunch
- Challenge #2: keep the smallest footprint possible on each machine
- Challenge #3: all the above, but as cross-platform as possible
As a software engineer in testing in the Data Collection team, you will:
- Participate in the definition of each feature, making sure we always start with a clear set of acceptance criteria that leads to a concise test plan
- Create tests on top of our test automation framework to validate the above assumptions
- Decisively pitch in to improve the strategy for test automation, performance and regression testing
- Go through all the steps to ensure we ship a quality product for our clients
- Run investigations for the issues that show up (from internal testing or from customer support) to help smooth down the path to fixing them
Our QA engineers are excited to take on broad and non-conventional approaches, challenging the status-quo. They constantly come up with ideas that they prototype, put in production and supervise their impact. All of this with the very high standards of quality, performance and security that are part of our DNA.
- At least 5 years of experience in QA and test automation
- Have a very good understanding of OS internals, preferably for both Windows and macOS
- Have a very good ability to adapt to both the above OS and development environments - we are one team, and we develop cross-platform
- Are familiar with the tools of the trade: NUnit, Ansible, RobotFramework, PyTest, and with putting them all together in Jenkins pipelines
- You feel very comfortable with Python and C# - we use both extensively in our test automation
- Are passionate about continuous integration and delivery
- Can navigate a complex architecture code - using the tools available and, of course, your very strong attention to details
- Communicate clearly and concisely in English
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful and innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness and collaboration.