(Senior) Software Engineer – Big Data
- Lausanne, Switzerland
Nexthink is a global leader in Digital Employee Experience. Our product allows enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experience. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints, Nexthink helps IT teams meet the needs of the modern digital workplace.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Australia and the US. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of seven million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
Thanks to our fantastic growth we are looking for new rock stars!
We are looking for a Software Engineer having a background in micro-service and big data architectures for Analytics solutions. You will join our AI team and work on developing core platform systems that perform massive data analysis by feeding data to AI modules and other services. This is a hands-on position where you will design and build production grade components, while collaborating with our Machine Learning Engineers and multiple cross-functional teams.
The position requires a result-oriented mindset, supported by strong experience with big data pipelines and micro-service solutions; any experience with machine learning is a plus. The ability to communicate complicated concepts in simple ways is vital as you will be working in a cross-functional environment.
As part of the AI team at Nexthink, you will be responsible for prototyping and deploying novel distributed data systems, as well as making those systems work reliably production:
- Prototyping architectures, microservices and database schemas in fast cycles of experimentation and consolidation
- Deploying those features safely in a production environment following our processes
- Mentoring our Data Scientists on SW engineering, reviewing their work in Python
- Contributing to the continuous integration development process with best practices, data and code versioning
- Seniority Level: Mid-Senior Level
- Function: Engineering
- 2+ years of experience building distributed data systems in commercial environments (IT, finance, business intelligence, analytics). Agile, CI/CD know-how is a must.
- Worked on data platforms that were deployed in a cloud environment (backend-side).
- Strong experience with scalable software architecture: micro-services, APIs, container deployment (e.g.: Docker, Kubernetes).
- BSc in Computer Science (MSc is a plus)
- Mastery of any OOP language (Java / C++ / C#)
- Heavy use of Python is a plus
- Some understanding of basic statistics and ML is a plus
- Passion for building a system from the ground up; start-up experience is a plus
- Proven independence and self-drive
- Fluent in English, spoken and written (French is a plus)
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful and innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness and collaboration.