Software Engineer (Powershell)
- Madrid, Spain
Nexthink is a global leader in Digital Employee Experience. Our product allows enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experience. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints, Nexthink helps IT teams meet the needs of the modern digital workplace.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Australia and the US. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of seven million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
Thanks to our fantastic growth we are looking for new rock stars!
This job can be yours only if…
... you have amazing coding Skills and a hands-on approach to creating & developing applications, products and interfaces;
... you like owning new features from inception to production release, working across the company with different teams in an agile environment;
... you are dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high performance code;
... provide hands on technical leadership and participate in architectural decision-making;
... have the capability of doing deep analysis;
... like to contribute to the specifications, requirements and design;
... like to provide hands on technical leadership and participate in architectural decision-making;
... are bored of doing the same thing every day;
... are committed to ruthlessly rewriting, refactoring and perfecting code;
... are eager to find creative and simple solutions to challenging problems;
... like to be part of the product release delivery process;
... you listen to customers to understand their needs and the why we are doing things;
... you like to have fun while working, because we believe that if you find a job that you actually enjoy, the day goes by a lot faster, and by the end of the sprint, you can believe you actually did a difference.
- Seniority level: Mid-Senior Level
- Function: Engineering
- Ideally you will have more than 2 years’ experience in software development (having a BSc/MSc in Engineering or Computer Science is a plus)
- You work by good coding practices, write secure and quality code, understand the performance impact of your code, apply debugging and logging techniques, are great at constructive code review
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming languages and scripting languages, such as Python, Java, C#, JS, etc.
- You have experience in Powershell 2.0, 5.0 or other scripting scripting languages and DevOps skills.
- As we are working in an agile environment, you can drive complex projects with minimal oversight.
- You have the ability to collect user feedback and understand customer needs, after all, our customers are our kings.
- We work with HQ in Switzerland every day, so we will need you to be fluent in English (spoken and written).
- One of the most important things is that you have the ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- But the most important thing, is that you have a passion for what you do, we want you to feel motivated to come every day to work. Stay hungry, stay foolish.
We are a fast-pace growing company and we are hiring and growing a lot in our Madrid office. If you are looking for a change, and you like a nice atmosphere, lots of challenges and having fun while working, then this is a great opportunity for you!!!
- Location: Plaza Colon (Madrid) . Our office is awesomely communicated and it is very pretty and cool! Don’t believe us? Let us know in advance and come check, we can invite you for a coffee.
- Permanent Contract, after you pass your probation period. And watch out, you will not want to leave!
- There are more R&D teams in Madrid, so you can grow within the company.
- Ticket Restaurant, Private health Insurance & Gym discount on subscriptions.
- You can choose to adhere to a flexible retribution plan for kindergarten & transport tickets.
- Possibility to work from home 1 day a week.
- Flexible Hours, so as long as you do your 40 hours a week, you can leave earlier on Fridays.
- Summer time schedule during August, when Madrid is on fire, you can leave earlier.
- 50% off on English / French / Spanish classes.
- Fresh fruit, cookies, and occasionally some soft drinks as well.
- Pizza talks once a month (knowledge pills + pizza!), you can just listen, or even present something you are passionate about.
- We host the Madrid Scrum Alliance user group every other month, which are a great learning and networking opportunity.
We are only as good as our people. That's why we are looking for exceptional individuals, who can bring their skills and passion to the team and who strive to create excellence.