Software Engineer (Java, Scala)
- Lausanne, Switzerland
Nexthink is a global leader in Digital Employee Experience. Our product allows enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experience. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints, Nexthink helps IT teams meet the needs of the modern digital workplace.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Australia and the US. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of seven million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
Thanks to our fantastic growth we are looking for new rock stars!
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with programming skills in Java and Scala with test automation capabilities to play a major role in the company. The candidate should be heavily motivated by the product and experienced in Software development and testing.
The position entails a high level of responsibility within the R&D team. Your contribution will have a significant impact on the satisfaction of hundreds of our happy customers. As a Software engineer at Nexthink, your duty is to ensure that the software we deliver fulfil the product requirements by collaborating with our product experts. You will participate in all stages of software development: design, implementation, validation, maintenance and will collaborate with our experts and with the different teams.
If you are highly motivated and result driven, you have a high sense of product ownership, constantly learning and enhancing your skills, you are open to feedback and you like being accountable and work within a team, then, do not hesitate to apply.
- Design, develop and validate solutions for our new features in our different frontends and backends
- Help to design application architectures and storage strategies
- Maintain the highest code quality standards by using different metrics and by helping the team to improve its best practices in development
- Handle requests of L3 support engineers
- Participate actively in the overall technology roadmap
- Work with the agile iterative/incremental mindset and best practices and participate actively to the different ceremonials.
- Seniority level: Mid-Senior Level
- Function: Engineering
- B.S. or Master in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Java and Scala development experience
- Outstanding OO development & architecture skills (design patterns)
- Strong refactoring abilities and test automation - TDD is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong motivation for complex challenges and learning new technologies
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Mind-set oriented towards continuous improvement, lean thinking and high-quality work
- Professional-level English spoken and written – French is a plus
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful and innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness and collaboration.
Please submit your CV in English