Software Engineer in Test (Python/C#)
- Lausanne, Switzerland
Nexthink is a global leader in Digital Employee Experience. Our product allows enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experience. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation and employee feedback across all endpoints, Nexthink helps IT teams meet the needs of the modern digital workplace.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Australia and the US. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of seven million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
Thanks to our fantastic growth we are looking for new rock stars!
Ok, read closely now. You want the coolest software engineer in test job on this side of the galaxy? You’re at the right place. What makes it the coolest job, I hear you asking, with a hint of skepticism that I’m ready to forgive (this once)? Let me tell you.
We’re at the perfect middle ground between start-up and large company, between the garage and the towering corporate headquarters. Like in a start-up, you’ll get to test code that goes into production rather than exploring something that will get shelved by management (or attending meetings to plan other meetings). You’ll use multiple, new technologies, and you’ll always be able to suggest new technical solutions, rather than maintaining that Fortran monstrosity that no one really understands.
Lausanne is the global headquarters for a global company, which means that you’ll be at the heart of the development of a product used by the best companies worldwide.
We’re agile. No, really, we’re not just saying that. Our biggest challenge is how to deliver more frequently, while maintaining stellar quality.
But we’re not a garage band, which has its perks too: the company is sufficiently specialized that you can focus on your work as an engineer without having to moonlight as everything else. You want to go to the gym? You got it. You want to share knowledge or learn something? That’s what the pizza talks are for. Flexible hours, work from home when you need to? Sure. Fantastic coffee? Lovingly brewed by our team’s scrum master every day.
So, what are you waiting for? The button you’re looking for is on the top right of the screen.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Give guidance in terms of QA to the software development teams and participate actively in the implementation of automation framework and increasing automation test coverage.
- Actively discuss with the Product Manager to design the acceptance criteria and to prepare, ahead of test execution, test plan and automation scripts.
- Select and assess proper testing tools and utilities.
- Write code to automate the testing of new and existing features.
- Run manual and automated regression tests.
- Takeover the third level support cases and manage the issue resolution process.
- Analyze performance bottlenecks and stability issues.
- Participate in the product release delivery process.
- Work with the agile iterative/incremental mindset and best practices and participate actively to the different agile ceremonials
- Seniority level: Mid-Senior Level
- Function: Engineering
- 3+ years of proven QA experience in software development
- Good knowledge of Python or C# (knowledge of SQL, Java and Scala is a plus)
- Deep experience in test automation
- Experience in working on multiplatform environment is appreciated (Windows, Mac and Mobile)
- Teamwork and collaboration are part of your DNA
- Good leadership and soft skillset (e.g. proactivity, pragmatism, open-minded, excellent communication skills, …)
- Experience in an agile environment is a must
- Strong motivation for complex challenges and learning new technologies
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), French is a big plus
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful and innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness and collaboration.