Intern - Software Engineering
- 4221 W Boy Scout Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607, USA
Why join Nextech?
We are a leader in specialty healthcare technology solutions, headquartered in Tampa, FL.
We are an ever-growing team, guided by our iCREATE values of Integrity, Collaboration, Respect, Empowerment, Accountability, Trust, and Excellence. We hold these values in high regard and are driven to succeed in all we do.
We’re committed to hiring and retaining talent, which is why we invest in our employees through competitive pay, a generous bonus structure, great healthcare, a comprehensive wellness program, and many other benefits.
If you are a software engineer, finance or accounting professional, customer support specialist, or a business development expert with a passion for healthcare technology (just to name a few), we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics are encouraged to apply. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected].
The Software Engineer Intern role is primarily devoted to assisting with the design and development of next generation software for the Nextech product suite under the direction of a senior member of the Software Engineer team.
Essential Functions: In addition to working in accordance with appropriate conduct and behavioral standards, specific responsibilities of this role include:
- Assist with building software in a SCRUM environment using C#, SQL, and Angular
- Embrace best practices in software development (Code Reviews, Unit Tests, CI/CD) and leverage them every day
- Assist with performing mutual code reviews within your team to ensure high quality code
- Cooperate closely with the team, scrum masters, and product owners
- Carry out other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of C#, Angular, and SQL
- Understands a full-stack approach to development
- Desire to gain experience with the development of robust, scalable micro-service back ends
- A desire to build zero-downtime deployments through coding innovation
- The ability to learn how to write clean code, a love of unit testing, and the need to have your software to be usable from the very beginning
- Personal drive to work in a dynamic environment where you can develop your skills
- An appreciation for open and constructive dialog with your fellow team members
- General office environment: Works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, air-conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels
- Periods of stress may occur.
- Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor.
- Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel.