Software Engineer in Test - Practice+
- 4221 W Boy Scout Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607, USA
Work at Nextech! Awarded Tampa Bay "Technology Company of the Year" for 2017 at the 14th Annual Tampa Bay Tech Awards.
Headquartered in Tampa, FL, with satellites in Dayton, OH, and San Diego, CA, Nextech is a leading technology employer in the Tampa Bay area. Our growing team of software development gurus, sales and marketing rock stars, accounting and finance geniuses, support superstars and project management pros has more than doubled in the past few years. Do you have what it takes to join our winning team and contribute to our growth?
Nextech is the complete health care technology solution for specialty providers. Since 1997, Nextech has been focused on delivering intelligent, intuitive, integrated solutions that empower specialty physicians to maximize efficiency, optimize charting accuracy and increase overall practice profitability. Nextech services more than 7,000 physicians and over 50,000 office staff members in the clinical specialties.
We are passionate software developers who want to bring Healthcare Software into the 21st century. We are Agile, both SCRUM and Kanban. We are independent. We are tinkerers. We are thought provoking.
- A startup atmosphere with low hierarchies
- Work in an office with breath-taking views of Tampa Bay
- Team spaces, which include enough space for your ideas, as well as space for you, your equipment, and your team
- Free drinks and other amenities
- Privately organized team events
- Treadmill desks and adjustable height desks
- A competitive salary and a matching 401 (k) (for a list of other benefits see our carrers page)
- You ensure the quality of our server software and websites.
- You write and execute appropriate test plans with a high automation rate in accordance with technical risks and the intended use of the products.
- You balance manual tests and automation tests.
- You work closely with the development team and the product owners.
- You identify issues effectively.
- You document, handle, and verify bugs.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the field of test automation
- Solid experience in software quality assurance practices, processes, and tools
- Good knowledge of common test methodologies: integration tests, regression tests, performance tests, and security test.
- Hands-on experience in test automation practices and tools (backend, RESTful, or server-based)
- Good understanding of agile QA methodologies and the SCRUM software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Hands-on experience with JIRA
- Knowledge of continuous delivery and Docker-based QA processes
- Ability to identify, mitigate and communicate project risks
- Think outside the box to come up with new ideas and testing solutions
- Know-how about continuous improvement
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- General office environment: Works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, air-conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels
- Periods of stress may occur
- Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor
- Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.