Software Team Manager (Technical Owner) Practice+
- 4221 W Boy Scout Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607, USA
Work at Nextech! Awarded Tampa Bay "Technology Company of the Year" at the 14th Annual Tampa Bay Tech Awards.
Headquartered in Tampa, FL, Nextech is a leading technology employer in the Tampa Bay area. Our growing team of software development gurus, sales and marketing rock stars, accounting and finance geniuses, support superstars and project management pros has more than doubled in the past few years. Do you have what it takes to join our winning team and contribute to our growth?
Nextech is the complete health care technology solution for specialty providers. Since 1997, Nextech has been focused on delivering intelligent, intuitive, integrated solutions that empower specialty physicians to maximize efficiency, optimize charting accuracy and increase overall practice profitability. Nextech services more than 7,000 physicians and over 50,000 office staff members in the clinical specialties.
We are passionate software developers who want to bring Healthcare Software into the 21st century. We are Agile, both SCRUM and Kanban. We are independent. We are tinkerers. We are thought provoking.
- A startup atmosphere with low hierarchies
- Team spaces, which include enough space for your ideas, as well as space for you, your equipment, and your team
- Ability to work with the latest technologies in the Cloud
- A chance to work with great teams and some of the smartest and passionate software craftspeople in Tampa
- Free drinks and other amenities
- Privately organized team events
- Treadmill desks and adjustable height desks
- An on-site gym and walking distance to the wonderful restaurants around International Mall
- A competitive salary and a matching 401 (k)
- Embrace best practices in software development (Code Reviews, Unit Tests, CI/CD) and leverage them every day
- Perform mutual code reviews within your team to ensure high quality code
- Cooperate closely with the team, Agile Owners, and Product Owners to ensure our initiative planning is accurate
- Understand architectural principles and be able to implement them in code
- Reach out to other teams to ensure cross-team dependencies are covered
- Code more than 50% of your time
- Coach your team in both technical and personal development
- Make decisions with the greater business goals in mind
- Solid knowledge of C#, AngularJS, Angular, and SQL
- A well-rounded, full-stack approach to development
- Experience with the development of robust, scalable microservice backends
- Desire to build zero-downtime deployments through coding innovation
- Ability to write clean code, a love of unit testing, and the need to have your software be usable from the start
- You enjoy working in a dynamic environment where you can develop your skills while taking ownership and pride in everything you build
- An appreciation for open and constructive dialog with your fellow team members
- Understand what DevOps truly should mean to a strong, cross-functional team
- 5 years, or better, experience of successfully delivering software products
- 1-2+ years’ experience leading a team
Working Environment/Physical Demands
- General office environment: Works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, air-conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels.
- Periods of stress may occur.
- Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor.
- Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel.