- 5550 Executive Dr, Tampa, FL 33609, USA
Work at Nextech! Awarded Tampa Bay "Technology Company of the Year" for 2017 at the 14th Annual Tampa Bay Tech Awards.
Headquartered in Tampa, FL, with satellites in Dayton, OH, and San Diego, CA, Nextech is a leading technology employer in the Tampa Bay area. Our growing team of software development gurus, sales and marketing rock stars, accounting and finance geniuses, support superstars and project management pros has more than doubled in the past few years. Do you have what it takes to join our winning team and contribute to our growth?
The Systems Integration Specialist (HL-7) is responsible for configuring new and maintaining existing application integrations. The position will work closely with the implementation and support teams to create integrations using different communication methods and messaging standards including, but not limited to HL7 and XML. This position will also be required to create and maintain documentation as it pertains to each integration.
- Ability to quickly learn new software, new systems, adapt to change and communicate effectively
- Experience in following and improving implementation and project management methodologies
- Knowledgeable of healthcare interface standards, especially HL7
- 1+ year experience using SQL
- 2+ year experience using HL7
- 1+ year experience using a customer-based ticketing system and/or project management software
- Excellent time management skills, organizing and prioritizing workload, in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to create and maintain documentation related to support processes and procedures
- Ability to interact with customers and vendors in an effective manner to build and support integrations
- Ability to interact with customers and staff to quickly resolve technical problems
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must have 2 years of HL7 experience working at a high capacity with proven results
- At least 1 year of SQL experience
- Advanced skills in reading HL7 messages and understanding HL7 requirements
- Advanced skills in Microsoft SQL and SQL queries writing
- Advanced experience with System Performance Monitoring / Troubleshooting
- Self-Motivated, Self-Starter with a strong sense of urgency and personal accountability
- The ability to think and work independently to troubleshoot and resolve a wide variety of software and technical issues with a significant level of complexity
Working Environment/Physical Demands
- General office environment: Works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, air-conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels.
- Long-distance or air travel as needed
- Periods of stress may occur.
- Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor.
- Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel.