UI/UX Design and Research Lead - REMOTE within United States
NextSense’s vision is to be the foundation of brain health and establish a new paradigm in neurocare. Powered by a disruptive brain-sensing earbud technology and digital ecosystem, our mission is to establish new ways of diagnosing and optimizing therapy for diverse neurological conditions. We hope to unlock brain health for everyone with real world data insights and practical, scientific wisdom for daily living.
We are seeking a highly experienced and motivated UI/UX Design lead to join our Product & Design organization. You will be a key leader in collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams including engineering, product and quality apply human-centered design methods through implementation of usability process, determination of desired user profiles and environment to design and specify features that deliver great new experiences.
What We’re Looking For:
- 8+ years in product design
- Solid track record of successful mobile app and desktop app product design work
- Deep understanding of a product design system
- UX design credibility, especially in designing and leading a design sprint
- Sophisticated visual design vocabulary
- Comfort working with other designers, product managers, and software engineers
- Excellent communication skills. You’re clear and concise, listen first, and are comfortable advocating for what you believe. You’re comfortable changing your language and delivery for different audiences.
- A curious, eager-to-learn advocate for users and patients.
- A can-do, positive attitude. You’re excited about tackling challenges and finding solutions.
- A hard worker. You like to do the work and deliver at a high level.
- A designer who balances the demands of day-to-day work with a longer-term vision for the product.
- Ideally, you have experience working on B2C products in wellness or health
- Ideally, you have experience working in the healthcare industry with understanding of the ecosystem across patients, providers, and payers
What You Will Do:
- Own the product design from discovery to delivery
- Advocate for users needs throughout our product design process
- Work closely with Product Managers as thought partners
- Facilitate our solution creation process to create the best solutions for our users
- Run design thinking processes in focused design sprints
- Collaborate with other designers to constantly improve our design decisions and build a consistent experience across multiple platforms.
- Minimum 5 years industry UX research
- Experience in enterprise software, internal tools, financial, medical or defense fields.
- BA/BS in a human behavior related field, such as human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, communication, information science, media studies, computer science, or economics
- Knowledge of a set of qualitative and user-centered design methods
- Experience with storytelling to get traction with various audiences
- Proficient with user interface design patterns and UCD methodologies
- High proficiency in Sketch or similar design tools
- Ability to clearly communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Cross-platform design experience (Web, iOS, Android)
- Experience working with design systems
- Good technical understanding of how to build and maintain design systems and pattern libraries
- Excellent visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Profound experience in collaborating with diverse engineering teams
- Creative thinker with a growth mindset to learn and explore new areas and recommend new opportunities and solutions
- Competency with design tools such as Zeplin, Sketch, Figma, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Balsamiq, etc.
Our careers benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- Flexible/hybrid work schedule (built-in work from home days)
- Retirement savings (no employer matching at this stage)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness-bundle, commuter benefits
- Paid vacation, holidays, parental leave
Preferred: San Francisco Bay area (open to discussing remote geographic areas)
At this time NextSense is only considering candidates for this role who are eligible to legally work in the US without any Visa sponsor/transfer requirements now or in the future. Eligible candidates who can work on a TN Visa from Mexico or Canada will be considered.