NextSense’s vision is to be the foundation of brain health and establish a new paradigm in neurocare. Powered by a disruptive brain-sensing earbud technology and digital ecosystem, our mission is to establish new ways of diagnosing and optimizing therapy for diverse neurological conditions. We hope to unlock brain health for everyone with real world data insights and practical, scientific wisdom for daily living.
About the Job:
As a Research Engineer you will play a crucial role in developing next-generation wearable neurotechnologies. You will work closely with the Research Science and Software teams to build engineering platforms and data infrastructure that enable innovative and effective R&D cycles. You will contribute to the implementation and testing of end-to-end data pipelines for pilot and clinical studies. You will enjoy working in rapidly changing and fast-paced environments.
- Help develop pipelines for curating, ingesting, and processing multimodal data collected in clinical studies.
- Organize and document large-scale biosensing datasets collected in lab or real-world environments.
- Engage in building tools, libraries, or processes that are used throughout the company or in the open-source community.
- Collect, preprocess, and analyze multimodal data for pilot and clinical studies.
- Work closely with scientists and engineers to (develop and deploy) convert proof-of-concept prototypes into production-grade code.
- Architect / Build object-oriented, sustainable and scalable analytics tools and libraries that are used throughout the company
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to integrate the latest research into prototypes and products.
- Support data analysis for research projects and publications
- Support development, training and deployment of AI/ML models and algorithms
- BS/MS Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computational neuroscience, bioengineering, data science, bioinformatics, or related fields
- 5+ years of hands-on industry experience with Python and object-oriented programming
- Extremely detail oriented in writing code, code comments, git commits, and other documentation
- Strong technical skills in signal processing, machine learning, and time-series analysis
- Experience with physiological recordings or wearable sensing (e.g., EEG, EMG, ECG)
- Passionate about neurotechnologies and its potential to benefit society
- Comfortable conducting conventional/mobile human recordings (e.g., EEG, EMG, ECG) or willing to learn
- Experience with public cloud platforms (GCP preferred)
- Experience with data ingestion pipeline (validation, ETL process, data warehouse)
- Ability to work well in dynamic and rapidly changing environments
- Experience with version control (e.g., Git)
- Our careers benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- Flexible/hybrid work schedule (built-in work from home days)
- Retirement savings (no employer matching at this stage)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness-bundle, commuter benefits
- Paid vacation, holidays, parental leave
Preferred: San Francisco Bay area (open to discussing remote geographic areas)
At this time NextSense is only considering candidates for this role who are eligible to legally work in the US without any Visa sponsor/transfer requirements now or in the future. Eligible candidates who can work on a TN Visa from Mexico or Canada will be considered.