Data Infrastructure Software Engineer
NextSense’s vision is to be the foundation of brain health and establish a new paradigm in neurocare. Powered by a disruptive brain-sensing earbud technology and digital ecosystem, our mission is to establish new ways of diagnosing and optimizing therapy for diverse neurological conditions. We hope to unlock brain health for everyone with real world data insights and practical, scientific wisdom for daily living.
NextSense is a cloud based engineering organization with all of our data infrastructure in Google Cloud (GCP) leveraging BigQuery, Compute Engine and Kubernetes. This is a great opportunity to come in and help us redesign or rework our existing data infrastructure.
- Understand the data needs of different engineering teams at NextSense, including HWE, Clinical and Research
- Understand end to end data interactions and dependencies across our existing data pipelines and data transformation and how they impact business decisions.
- Design best practices for big data processing, data modeling and warehouse development for NextSense.
- Build integration and automation across different systems to scale data operations and increase efficiency.
- 3+ years in building a data warehouse and data pipelines. Or, 5+ years in data intensive engineering roles.
- Solid understanding of databases (relational, key/value, document, columnar, olap, graph)
- Strong SWE principles and OO experience
- Experience with GCP, Kubernetes
- Experience building and running in production (24x7 environments) distributed large-scale systems
- Experience in working on Cloud Distributed Storage/Databases and/or data technologies that power analytics (e.g., Pinot, Druid, Redshift, Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Kafka, Flink, etc. or similar technologies)
- Experience in Building Micro services & Cloud Platforms on AWS, Azure etc
- Experience with open source project management and governance
- Hands on experience developing distributed systems, databases, or other large scale data systems.
Our careers benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- Flexible/hybrid work schedule (built-in work from home days)
- Retirement savings (no employer matching at this stage)
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Wellness-bundle, commuter benefits
- Paid vacation, holidays, parental leave
Preferred: San Francisco Bay area (open to discussing remote geographic areas)
At this time NextSense is only considering candidates for this role who are eligible to legally work in the US without any Visa sponsor/transfer requirements now or in the future. Eligible candidates who can work on a TN Visa from Mexico or Canada will be considered.