Senior Product/UI Designer
- 100 Mount St, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
- Department: Executive
An award-winning high growth FinTech that is in the scale up stage adding to its fun and dynamic team. Join our experienced entrepreneurs at a mission driven company that will improve the financial lives of millions of Australians. Join a truly purpose driven organisation hell bent on making people feel good about money!
Are you a superbly talented Senior UI/Product designer who loves to be included in the holistic experience of creating delightful digital products for web and apps?
Are you hankering to work with other design talent to provide the ultimate design solutions?
Do you yearn for a more intellectual challenge developing complex data in an engaging way?
Frollo is recruiting a Senior Product/UI Designer to help drive out and champion the visual aspects of its SaaS App and web offering. We are looking for the best: someone who can extend our brand to the digital environment and achieve our commercial aim to set a benchmark for a company that genuinely values the financial wellbeing of their customers. You will be involved across the design spectrum from conceptualising and ideation through to delivery into the technical teams – ensuring the design is engaging, bold, modern, human, consistent and compelling for users.
If you have experience in financial and/or transactional systems – that’s a bonus. Ideally you have a strong background in designing engaging apps.
What we're looking for
- We want creative, confident people embedded in the discipline and engaged by their work. Collaborators who are in it to build the best possible experience for users but understanding the commercial and regulatory realisms and technical capabilities. A multi-talented team player who advocates user centred design, uses insight to inform their design decisions, enjoys conceptualising and innovating new solutions.
- Experienced Product/UI designer with a strong portfolio in app (SaaS) and web design.
- You’re a champion of user experience principles and designs with a customer-first approach.
- Love the challenge of visualising traditional structured data and using design to make everyday tasks enjoyable.
- Have worked in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver insight-driven solutions, advocate design solutions and gain stakeholder buy-in.
- Ability to create and maintain a Design System to drive efficiency in delivery of polished UI designs.
- Champion of consistent patterns and design elements and able to maintain and design to detailed style guides and component libraries outlining all digital assets and their interaction states.
- Work with other areas of the business, e.g. Marketing to be embedded with and align to brand, campaigns, visual identity.
- Understanding and advocate of code and interaction design/UX and how to deliver artefacts for front-end developers to flesh out, including an interest or ideally knowledge of creating animations and interactions that create truly compelling experiences.
- Superb attention to detail. You care about the little details. Alignments, spelling, consistency.
- You’re good. You’re you. No ego’s.
- Experience designing digital interfaces for large scale websites, applications and mobile interfaces.
- Experience in designing for mobile platforms (iOS, Android) - including building and maintaining Design Systems
- Strong conceptual thinking and a deep understanding of brand.
- Previous/recent/current experience in a UI, Product or UX Design role
- Desire to produce the best visual experiences in the industry, regardless of complexity or channel
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation.
- Successful portfolio that demonstrates your ability in creating first class designs.
- Engaging presentation style.
- Ability to play nicely with other team members.
- An appreciation of other UX roles and their contribution to the final product.
- Technical skills should include superior skills with Figma or Sketch, although one or more of the following is also desirable: Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Axure, Principle
- A fire in your belly to work in more complex and engaging environments than yet-another-shopping-cart….
Nice to have
- Experience of using data visualisation techniques to improve user experiences with complex data.
- Experience working in Agile teams on software development projects.
- Experience using the Atlassian suite of tools i.e. Confluence and Jira.
- Experience in financial or transactional product design.
- Ideally experience and/or understanding of HTML, CSS and animation.
What else matter’s at Frollo?
- Driven by purpose and impact;
- Collaborative by approach and defaulting to transparency and communication;
- Seeks ownership and accountability in equal measure;
- Seeks to understand a problem deeply for the purpose of being able to offer a solution, not to dwell on the problem.
Frollo are at the beginning of a huge growth curve driven by client demand for our B2B and open banking products. Due to this we are on a journey of change and evolution - if you are keen to explore becoming a part of the journey, reach out!