Senior Data Engineer
- 100 Mount St, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
- Department: Engineering
An award-winning high-growth FinTech that is in the scale-up stage adding to its fun and dynamic team. Join our experienced entrepreneurs at a mission-driven company that will improve the financial lives of millions of Australians. Join a truly purpose-driven organisation hell bent on making people feel good about money!
Leveraging your first hand experience of data engineering best practice, you will build, run and support our cloud-based data platforms. As an experienced Data Engineer you are confident navigating the complexities of big data and comfortable to manage batch and real time workloads and data flows. Working within banking governance frameworks such as CDR you will always strive to deliver high quality data solutions for business strategy and operations.
- Engaging and collaborating with IT, product and business stakeholders across the organisation to understand data related requirements
- Overseeing the implementation of data technology and platforms to meet identified product and business needs
- Participating in design and implementation activities of the Integrated Data Platform strategy in line with data management and governance controls, strategic priorities and regulatory requirements
- Providing technical advice to the data science, engineering and dev-ops teams to drive more effective and efficient use of data platforms
- Identifying and analysing emerging trends in Data technology, to provide input and consultation for upcoming development and enhancement initiatives
- Configure cloud-based data warehouse and ETL on AWS (utilising AWS technologies such as Glue, Amazon Redshift)
- Configure cloud-based data lake and data ingestion on AWS (utilising AWS technologies such as Kinesis, S3 and Athena)
- Deployment and maintaining machine learning models and pipelines including Amazon SageMaker
- Deep professional experience in the delivery of data solutions including analytics
- Strong knowledge of event driven workflows, data modelling and architecting for performance and security
- Proven ability to work within a variety of reporting applications
- Knowledge of industry trends and technological developments in data technology and data platform design
- Strong skills in SQL and other programming languages such as Python or Ruby
- Knowledge of modern data architectures particularly Cloud native technologies
- Experience working with DevOps and DataOps methodologies
- Knowledge and experience in data processing frameworks such as Apache Spark and data integration tools
- Knowledge/experience in Machine Learning/AI in the context of data analysis or classification
What else matter’s at Frollo?
- Driven by purpose and impact;
- Collaborative by approach and defaulting to transparency and communication;
- Seeks ownership and accountability in equal measure;
- Seeks to understand a problem deeply for the purpose of being able to offer a solution, not to dwell on the problem.