Full Stack Software Engineer - Ruby / Vue.js
- 100 Mount St, North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
- Department: Engineering
An award-winning high-growth FinTech that is in the scale-up stage adding to its fun and dynamic team. Join our experienced entrepreneurs at a mission-driven company that will improve the financial lives of millions of Australians. Join a truly purpose-driven organisation hell bent on making people feel good about money!
Come and create quality, scalable, robust solutions in close collaboration with the broader engineering and product teams. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, success in this role will be defined as developing rock solid API driven features to enhance and scale our platforms.
- Applications Development
- Ruby on Rails back end development. Ruby experience not essential. Polyglot mentality is essential.
- Build and maintain new features and functionality
- Create scalable and testable code
- Ensure well documented, understandable code
- Work in partnership with cross-functional teams to scope and deliver features
- Working closely with the product team to refine user experience of new functionality
- Work with the mobile engineer team to design APIs to support frontend features
- Enhance products with your own ideas and input
- Maintain and troubleshoot existing products
- Troubleshoot issues and bugs on existing products
- Ensure code coverage, unit testing and UI automation are present in all our products
- Ironclad approach to security and keeping our apps bank level secure
- Support clients’ technical integrations
- Help onboard clients’ development teams to utilise our APIs
- Provide technical support for integrating our products
- Ideally some RoR/Ruby experience, although broader polyglot backend engineering experience is more important
- Solid front end engineering skills across multiple js frameworks/libraries. Vue.js a bonus.
- Experience in database design and SQL query performance optimisation
- Experience working in a product focused creative environment
- An excellent work ethic and can-do attitude
- Attention to detail.
- Passion for writing clean, maintainable and efficient code
- A talent for communicating ideas, issues and solutions in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow outside of the office
What else matter’s at Frollo?
- Driven by purpose and impact;
- Collaborative by approach and defaulting to transparency and communication;
- Seeks ownership and accountability in equal measure;
- Seeks to understand a problem deeply for the purpose of being able to offer a solution, not to dwell on the problem.